maxkon single induction bench top.element.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickaxe

Reaction score
Just picked up a maxkon single induction bench top element for $20. This thing is amazing, wasn't another one. As a double big w pot biab brewer, it works a treat. Has a setting I can put on, timed to get my water to temp for strike, sparge & boil. Works.about as well as my biggest stove element, but is portable, can use it outside, or inside, and its.roughly as energy efficient as gas. Good for apartment brewing, easily stored, light etc. Very responsive like gas too, don't hold any residual heat.

I'm looking for a second one so I have two identical elements. Should make timing a lot easier having 2 relatively identical pots and elements going. Hoping the energy consumption is vastly lower.

Anyone else using induction?

From the Google, an induction cook top looks like what my parents have, which is shithouse. Does it glow red when heating? Can you boil the full volume of the pot on it?

My gas kitchen cook top couldn't boil the full volume of a Big W pot without a Al boat on it, so at $20 this looks like it would be a pretty good option.

On the water setting, it got a great slow roll going without threatening to boil over, which typically my electric stoves have done.
Let the lid on for 10 minutes or so (can't remember, just as long as electric stove) to get to.temp, then it rolled away happily with no al boat, which I have been using. I can walk away knowing it wony boil over, just roll at correct temp. Awesome.

Mind you, $20 was second hand, ave told me ave bought it for $45. Still, I think that's great considering there's no gas refill cost.

Hmm, since for single, wony for wont,and ave for she.
A. Small key pad,fat fingers.
B.getting your mords wuddled.
C. Pissed while posting.

I have done all of the above,(maybe). Cheers....spog...

These things are great. I now have 2 identical elements for my 2 big w pots. They are quick get a perfect rolling boil and are cheaper than my shit stovetop. Perfectly in synch. Strike water is ready quick, boils achieved quickly, and our rolls perfectly with identical evaporation rates. Highly recommend for apartment brewe're low on space, no outside space for gas setups, or anyone with a shit stove. New element is $50 delivered off eBay.
Made my brew day much more predictable and efficient.

pickaxe

I just ordered myself one of these. Was worried it wouldn't handle the weight of a large pot full of water. How much weight/litres do you put on it?

ta

Paul :)

+1, I have one of these also and no problems.

Doesn't quite have the guts as my gas stove or my pot fitted with a kettle element but it boils a full pot

Latest posts

Back