Matilda Bay Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warrenlw63 said:
Colin,

Perhaps some of our Adelaidian bretheren could send you a carboy full of the Murray River's finest?

Nothing like a bit of authenticity. :)

Warren -
[post="73549"][/post]​
On that topic, just as the brewers in Dortmund led the way with water treatment and natural mash acidification, I'm guessing that Adelaide brewers including Coopers probably had some of the more advanced water treatment facilities in this country.

cheers,
Colin

colinw said:
warrenlw63 said:
Colin,

Perhaps some of our Adelaidian bretheren could send you a carboy full of the Murray River's finest?

Nothing like a bit of authenticity. :)

Warren -
[post="73549"][/post]​
On that topic, just as the brewers in Dortmund led the way with water treatment and natural mash acidification, I'm guessing that Adelaide brewers including Coopers probably had some of the more advanced water treatment facilities in this country.

cheers,
Colin
[post="73551"][/post]​

I don't know about that. :eek: The local sewerage plant looks pretty sophisticated and even they are not a touch on the treatment plant attached to the peoples brewery. :lol: Here we are the forerunners in our field.

Borret

Borret said:
I don't know about that. :eek: The local sewerage plant looks pretty sophisticated and even they are not a touch on the treatment plant attached to the peoples brewery. :lol: Here we are the forerunners in our field.

Borret
[post="73563"][/post]​

That's why you blokes love brown beers. :lol:

I've enclosed a pic of your water-treatment officer. :p

Whip it! Whip it good!

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Borret said:

Borret
[post="73563"][/post]​

That's why you blokes love brown beers.
I've enclosed a pic of your water-treatment officer.

Whip it! Whip it good!

Warren -
[post="73564"][/post]​

They don't call it the newcastle brown for nothin' :lol:

Borret

Ok, so if I try to brew a Coopers Sparkling Ale clone I should throw in some salt, a handful of dirt from a wheat field on the downs, and a couple of Bondi mullets to simulate Murray River water? :unsure:

colinw said:
Ok, so if I try to brew a Coopers Sparkling Ale clone I should throw in some salt, a handful of dirt from a wheat field on the downs, and a couple of Bondi mullets to simulate Murray River water? :unsure:
[post="73570"][/post]​

You'll probably find it easier to find a good mullet walking around Adelade. :p :lol:

Borret :blink:

Latest posts

Back