Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
djar007 said:
It's in the code. A start later option. Set time and it delays start. That's the ardbir code. Check out open ardbir Pdf.
Thanks djar
But way temp and how long could h leave it before starting.
Could I put the grain in the night before and set it to starts the process at like 4 or 5?

Yeah mate you can. I don't have access to the Pdf at the moment. But it explains how to set it in that. So. Even will be able to give you link to it. Regards dave.

Thanks Dave
I reread the manual and it seems that the time delay will only delay mash in and will still need user input to continue

The start delayed shifts the start of heating the water from the time when the process is active for the duration of choice.
At the end of this waiting time the water starts heating up to the set threshold.
At this point it is required by the operator for confirmation and the inclusion of grains.

The addition of grains and removal are the only times when you are forced to intervene personally, everything else can be automated based on the configuration choices made

I would like to estimate how many people are using this firmware.
On the facebook page I put a post fixed with which to count the number of people who actually use ArdBir.
I'd love to figure out how many we are.
Thank you

So, like an idiot I had the 12v PSU connections reversed when I started it up.

I seem to have blown the display backlight, everything else seems OK.

Is there a part number for the display? I need to replace it as I can't read it without the backight.

Hi guys,

Yesterday I made a batch and figure out that the sensor in the chiller time doesn't work again. I use a immersion chiller and the temp in arduino mark like 35C and the real temp inside the vessel was 24C.

Any tip?

PS: I bought another DS18B20 to test when arrive.

Thanks,

rafinus said:
Hi guys,

I have a little problem or I don´t know what happens. I just update my system to this new version of ArdBir (ArdBir_2_6_70b7) and I try to do the most accurate config but without success (or close).

In resume, the only thing I don't get is when in the boil, if the pump doesn't work, the measured temp don't actualize very well and sometimes have a 5 to 10 degrees (Celsius) of difference.

Any tip?

PS: I tried different configs to PID (kp, kd, ki), windowset, calibration, outside, inside probe, etc. With Mathos original works with no problem.

Thanks,

MaxN68 said:
Have you set the calibration parameter?
Hi Max,

I just discovered a bug in the temperature calibration that might be relevant.
When I uploaded the latest ArdBir sketch 2_6_70b7 (previously used Mathos code) I noticed that my temperature probe was incorrectly measuring 47 degrees Celsius, but when I load the mathos original sketch it correctly reads 21 degrees celsius.
When I checked the calibration temperature in the PID config menu I noticed that the value was set to -0.1 degrees, when I tried to compensate for the higher value the maximum adjustment that I could enter was -5.0 degrees and this resulted in the display showing 42 degrees celsius (again incorrect).
When I changed the calibration value back to 0 (or any positive value), the display showed a correct temperature of 21 degrees celsius.
It looks like any negative temperature adjustment causes the temperature to read incorrectly.
I tried several other earlier sketches and got the same calibration error problem with negative adjustment values.

Brendan.

The problem of the reading temperature changing the Matho's code in ArdBir is known, it depends on a parameter read from the eeprom and in general the values ​​stored in the EEPROM of the two systems use different schemes.
That is why you should always configure the entire system before using ArdBir​​.

Regarding the error with negative values​​, I will try to resolve as soon as possible, as well as put online the entire archive to a new Dropbox (I'm reorganizing my files)

You need to configure the entire unit. Its pulling values from eeprom that are not relevant. I had the same thing and then, You know, read the instructions :)

lael said:
You need to configure the entire unit. Its pulling values from eeprom that are not relevant. I had the same thing and then, You know, read the instructions :)
Yeah, I thought it was an EEPROM issue but I initialised it as per the instruction manual, the negative temp calibration still throws the temp reading off by 26 degrees or so.

Oh interesting. Looks like Max will be onto it. Great work BTW!

Thats what happen...and I configure the entire unit parameters...

bcavan said:
Hi Max,

I just discovered a bug in the temperature calibration that might be relevant.
When I uploaded the latest ArdBir sketch 2_6_70b7 (previously used Mathos code) I noticed that my temperature probe was incorrectly measuring 47 degrees Celsius, but when I load the mathos original sketch it correctly reads 21 degrees celsius.
When I checked the calibration temperature in the PID config menu I noticed that the value was set to -0.1 degrees, when I tried to compensate for the higher value the maximum adjustment that I could enter was -5.0 degrees and this resulted in the display showing 42 degrees celsius (again incorrect).
When I changed the calibration value back to 0 (or any positive value), the display showed a correct temperature of 21 degrees celsius.
It looks like any negative temperature adjustment causes the temperature to read incorrectly.
I tried several other earlier sketches and got the same calibration error problem with negative adjustment values.

Brendan.

I have search and probably found the bug.
In the next days verify the solution and upgrade the file in the new dopbox space with all Portoguese language also

Ok - so the new circuit board is designed and pending some final decisions I'm about to send it off for fab prototyping.

There is one thing that I'm still a little perplexed by and would love clarification if anyone knows - what is the JU1 jumper for on the original design?

Cheers!

Back