Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am fairly comfortable with a soldering iron and ive flashed an stc1000 to "+" it but im sure its more involved than that. If i can get a mkII pump working with it ill be happy with that for now.

I was planning on getting the matho's to control a small hot water urn with a herms coil in it and use the element in my brew kettle to ramp.

Do Not Use An RCA plug for 240v!!

I have a few spare 20x4 LCDs PM me if you want one, cost of postage.
Before flashing there are instructions on what lines of code need to be commented, a PDF copy of which I posted a few pages back, follow those and all will be good.

Your kit looks a lot like the very original ones we got from matho, replacing the LCD will work but then will need a reflash of software to enable full use of the screen.

cheers
Mike

I think i have buckleys of reading this whole thread so ill try and see if its worth my while trying to upgrade it and reading the thread. This what i have.

1491824554193.jpg

1491824590419.jpg

1491824604658.jpg

1491824620057.jpg

Changing the plug might not be so simple for me as the plug (on the right under the power supply) is hooked up to the 12v power supply. In the last picture the I am guessing the bit of wire is supposed to be a jumper?!?

The screen looks easy enough to take off so I might have a go at putting the biger one on but that would depend on if I can change the pump ppower or not.

nosco said:
Would this be the best thread to be reading to find out this kind of info?
Do you mean replacing the lcd? The reflashing? Or using the controller for herms? Or changing the pump power over?

For me, all of those things have been done by others using this controller. Their experiences would be more than relevant to what you are trying to achieve. Therefore your questions are relavent to the thread. But add to your reading and knowledge with the herms thread in gear and equipment, it has some really good system specific info.

malt junkie said:
Do you mean replacing the lcd? The reflashing? Or using the controller for herms? Or changing the pump power over?
All of the above

malt junkie said:
But add to your reading and knowledge with the herms thread in gear and equipment, it has some really good system specific info.
Ok Ill get back to you about this time next year :D

Yep I knew it wasnt going to be a quick job. I guess Ill just use it as is for now with a LBP (not my ideal at all) and nut out what I can down the track. Changing the pump would be the first step though.

malt junkie said:
Note the box is still available from Jaycar if all the holes and hardware layout won't work for you

Putting it in a new case would be a good move. Sean_0 (the guy I bought it from) may be an electrical engineer but he did a shit job of putting it together :unsure: :D

Is that peice of wire in the pic supposed to be a jumper?

If your talking the red wire on the Bonjuino then you'd have to ask Bonj (AHB user name) or just replace it with an Arduino Uno ( less than $10 I may even have a spare some where )

Thanks Malt Junkie for the support. The enormity of the task has finally dawned on me along with the missing plug screws, dodgey silicone and bend wire jumpers. Only day 2 and Im falling apart :D

Thanks Neal! Working out the history of it all is part of the puzzle for as Its all new for me.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back