Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put the orders in for 10x revision 2 Bonjuinos. Price will be slightly higher this time around... around the $26 mark including shipping within Australia

Still have 2x revision 1 boards left at $23 each. Link below.

Hey Matho,I am looking at a 12v power supply as per your list.Is 8 A 96 w suitable?
I have got the jaycar stuff on order, all were easily available as per your list.
Great work, I look forward to receiving your kit. awaiting on Bonj for the next version Bonj kits.
Do you think I will need 2 pumps for a double batch system?
Cheers.
Swampy

with you wanting one swampy that has taken the total number of interested people to 36, I was only going to do 30 but have been thinking that if demand is still there I might take it to 40, the first 10 is waiting to go I just have to test the unit and finish writing up the instructions. When I have finished the instructions I'll be asking everyone to read them carefully and to decide if they have the skills to build this unit, remember that to have a working controller will require 240V wiring and this wiring must be checked by a qualified person, you don't want to be stuffing around with 240v if you don't know what your doing.

Swampy the size of the 12v power supply will depend on what you want it to supply, if it is just to supply the brauduino shield then it can be small like 12w or 12v at 1 amp. If you are going to use 12v pump(s) then you will need a larger wattage to drive it, my unit will have unit 1 brown pump so I went with a 24w power supply. I would think that 1 march pump would be ample or maybe 2 brown pumps, if your driving a march pump then you won't need a big 12v power supply as a march pump is 240v and you will need to wire up the relay to switch that 240v.

cheers steve

Just a heads up for anyone that's after a Brown Pump for Matho's unit. Leahy268's doing the legwork and organising a Bulk Buy of both the 24V and 12V versions.
Cheers,
BB

Hi Steve,Thanks for the reply and the patience for this electrical neanderthal .
I will now run all 24 v pumps and heater as I think it will be easier. I have a mate who is an electrician, he will do the 240v stuff for me. Plus, I can then go bigger, I am looking at Tony's plans with a lot of interest.So that way, I will only have to use 12 v for the shield.

What is the difference between Tony's programming solution compared to yours? Do they do exactly the same? Or is one more manual than the other?
CheersSwampy

What size soldering iron do I need? I melted a track off the pcb I made using my current one but it's a gas jobbie that is more suited to soldering quite large cables together :) what do you think matho? 15w or 30w or hotter?

hey wort I have been using THIS one with great success set to about 340 deg but a 15w to 25w fine tipped soldering would be fine.

so here is the PCB assembly instructions, the instructions to assemble the box will come later

View attachment Brauduino_PCB_assembly.pdf

tell me if it makes sense

cheers steve

Looks good matho, had a quick read and it seems very easy to follow even for noobs like me. Have soldered quite a bit before but mostly attaching connectors to cabling and stuff like that. Should be all good, looking forward to it now.

Will there be a more expensive already assembled option for those of us who lack the skills required? I'd give it a go either way, but Murphys law tends to haunt me with things like this.

Will there be a more expensive already assembled option for those of us who lack the skills required? I'd give it a go either way, but Murphys law tends to haunt me with things like this.
I am sure someone on here would be happy to assemble one for you, I am happy to do a couple time permitting.

I would love to be able to offer this but I don't know if Ill have the time to do it, one or two is ok but I don't want it to turn into a production run.

cheers steve

Hey Matho,The PDF looks pretty good, I reckon I could do it, look forward to your next one on the build

Swampy

sorry its taking so long but I have finished testing the unit and I'm in the process of putting together the box build instructions which takes a long time for a 2 finger typist like myself.

cheers seve

No probs Matho, thanks for the update! This is a bit by bit project for me anyway as I'm sure it is for a lot of people. I can make AG beer now, just not semi-automatically.

Just a quick note.....Is there two Swampy members?
I am a Swampy but cant remember posting in here.

there is, must have been a glitch, there shouldn't be to different members with the same name, maybe PM dane

cheers steve

Latest posts

Back