Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foil is good for this purpose, ensure you have a non conductive between the foil and other electronics though, earth the foil.

EMI is probably caused by a small spark in the boil dry switch. Exactly the same issue as across relay contacts. If you can get to the switch then you could also try putting a snubber across it.

Am doing a brew today and I still get a few glitches on the temperature readings. My system fixes it up by powering down the DS18B20 but the snubber didn't fix that issue... :( I still get a 85 deg reading every now and then, which is the first reading after a reset.

Hopefully there are no other issues, eg scrambled display.

Screen Shot 2013-02-19 at 9.48.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-02-19 at 9.48.49 AM.png

They are from a data logger, it's called a dataTaker DT80. They are quite expensive but very awesome. I used to work for them and bought a second-hand one after I left.

I was hoping you were going to point me to an open source project that was completely free and very awesome ;-)

I've got a bluetooth interface on its way from deal extreme, so I might have a go at graphing output when that arrives. Not sure I'll be able to do it real time though.

hey Edak the 85 deg reading is standard after a reset as it is the default that is written to the scratchpad at startup

cheers steve

Yeah I realise that Steve, which is why I wrote it :)

There were no other hiccups so all in all a good brew day other than poor efficiency. Efficiency problem most likely due to having received a larger quantity of milled grain than ordered which meant I had to leave some in the bag which probably had all the good fermentable powder at the bottom.

oops, just re-read your post. Strange that your getting read errors as I haven't experienced one but my sensor lead is only 50cm long

Yeah, I get them now and then which is why I had to re-think my sensor wiring, my wire is only about 20cm long but I think it has something to do with its proximity to the switch mode power supply, which may have been affected by the EMI from the relay, etc. The bugger of a thing was when one reading came out wrong (crc error) it never recovered and the only way to restore correct readings was to power it down, which required me to power the entire unit down (see the problem?). I couldn't track it down to anything, I furst thought it was the switch mode power supply I used, which I ripped out and replaced and that seemingly fixed the problem but it came back. I now use parasite power from the signal digital pin and power it off/on when it occurs, which in the case of the last brew was twice that I saw (I log every two seconds but who knows how many events I missed?).

Anyway, no more power downs required.

Does anyone know if there has been a bulk buy of PCB's recently?
I'd love to get my hands on one.
Cheers

hello Matho,

Food for thought

had a bit to do with the selling of things, you simply sell the units as the s/steel tanks and stand and then then control box with plug in as another pack that gets around the working single item?

Dom

thanks Lael, so i still need Matho pcb circuit to complete the build?

'shield' ?????? is this the lcd part of the unit????

just found out i think i would love two kits please have another guy interested,

what comes in the kit, all control electronics??

pm me please so i can pay you

matho said:
I have been working on a one board layout
attachicon.gif
braumist...oard_top.pdf
Interesting I read from 'Italy
Sorry if it is poorly written use Google Translator

I also like the Brauimaster but too expensive
and then build it good to me so as to save a lot of money: D

Where can I find the wiring diagram
which is latest Firmware Arduino
Okay Arduino 2009 what changes between the versions?

I'm seeing if you can make a single-sided PCB so easier to do at home

I'm already doing something
These pictures of the things that I bought'll update as
I go along with the work

https://plus.google.com/photos/117096022619927896725/albums/5880907249874127313?banner=pwa

In Italiano per i connazzionali :D
Interessante vi leggo dall' Italia
Scusate se è scritto male uso Google Traduttore

Anche a me piace il Brauimaster ma e troppo costoso
e quindi buono costruirlo da me cosi da risparmiare molti soldi :D

Dove trovo lo schema elettrico
quale è ultima versione del Firmware Arduino
Va bene Arduino 2009 cosa cambia tra le varie versioni ?

Sto vedendo se è possibile fare un PCB monofaccia cosi piu facile da fare a casa

Sto già realizzando qualcosa
Queste le foto delle cose che ho comprato aggiornero man mano
che vado avanti con i Lavori

https://plus.google.com/photos/117096022619927896725/albums/5880907249874127313?banner=pwa

A friend was able to do the routing single-sided
so as to portelro do easily at home.

You tell me what is latest version of the firmware so I try Barduino
Will need to change the pinout to use this PCB
Just tried that everything works am going to publish the files side Copper

https://plus.google.com/photos/117096022619927896725/albums/5880907249874127313/5884273152122924834?banner=pwa&hl=it&pid=588427315 2122924834&oid=117096022619927896725

wol_error.gif

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2401x1921.
BarduinoItaly.jpg

In Italiano

Un Amico è riuscito a fare lo sbroglio a singola faccia cosi da portelro fare facilmente in casa.
Mi dite quale è ultima versione del Firmware Barduino cosi provo
Sara necessario modificare il PinOut Per usare questo PCB
Appena provato che tutto funziona pubblichero il files lato Rame

Nice work savio. Looking good. The eeprom code is here . The arduino code is here . Credit needs to go to the people who created this. Matho and Bonj. And all the others on this forum who have helped develop it. If you are going to reuse it then you should remember to always credit them also. Regards David.

djar007 said:
Nice work savio.
Credit needs to go to the people who created this. Matho and Bonj.
I want to help everyone trying to change with the help of a friend of Italian forum
a single-sided PCB so that everyone can easily make at home
without going outside laboratory.
Sorry if I write bad use Google Translator
I've already put in the Copper Matho
Why it is right to remember who gave birth to the project: D

Application for Matho from this link https://github.com/mathoaus/braumiser-controller

f I compile error screen like normal?
In Italiano
Io voglio aiutare tutti cercando modificare con aiuto di amico di forum Italiano
un PCB singola faccia in modo che tutti potere fare facilmente a casa
senza andare da laboratorio esterno.
Scusate se scrivo male uso Google Traduttore
Ho gia messo nel Rame Matho
Perche è giusto che si ricorda chi ha partorito il progetto :D

Domanda per Matho da questo Link https://github.com/mathoaus/braumiser-controller

Se compilo ho errore come in schermata è normale ?

Latest posts

Back