Masterbrewer Australia... A Show I'd Watch...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettryan0

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Was just reading [post="489257"]BribieG's Masterchef Food Tossers[/post] post and thought how awesome would a MasterBrewer Australia show be.

Each week the contestants are told they have to begin brewing a different type of beer that will be judged on a specific date.

You put in updates with the brewer's on how each brew is going, etc.

I think it would be awesome, and I'd happily be a judge, or just consume what they make...

Now I just need someone to buy the pitch...

Beefy

The TV networks would never pick that up....

After all it's a good idea, and TV execs never seam to have good ideas.

An awesome Idea...

I can just imagine Mike Goldman's voiceover, "...Meanwhile Butter's airlock just refused to bubble"... cue to dormant airlock.

Cue the kitchen, "petesbrew pulled no punches" as I can open a toucan...

Um, maybe not.

Well if that's the case we should make an online version, AHB's MasterBrewer... Everybody video's their brew through every stage, and then ship's me a keg and I'll judge it, I'll video tape the judging panel (me) tasting (consuming in full) every brew and we'll put all the video's on the net...

Winner receives recognition and the title of AHB's MasterBrewer...

(consuming in full) every brew

Careful there beefy, you could be in for a world of pain. Just think how often the contestants served up inedible food, even raw chicken etc at the latter stages of the competion!

Cheers SJ

"OK Contestants, today we are going to make a barleywine. We'll be judging sometime in 2012."

I know I chose a bit of an extreme example, but I dont think it would make for good TV. One of the things that makes reality TV work (and makes it so cheap!) is that the contests are run over short, intense periods. Biggest loser wouldnt quite have the same punch if a contestant lost 5 kilos in two months like a normal person.

Careful there beefy, you could be in for a world of pain. Just think how often the contestants served up inedible food, even raw chicken etc at the latter stages of the competion!

Point noted... Tasting with the option of consuming in full, every brew...

Oh, yeah. I can see people lining up to watch this show now. Imagine the dramatic possibilities of a boil over or a stuck ferment!

Show would be BORING AS HELL.

Some of George's catch phrases would need to be re-worked a little:

"Chop-chop" would need to be "Mash-Mash"

"If you haven't started plating up by now, you need to start" could be "If your brew isn't carbed by now, you need to google 'The Ross Method'"

Matt Preston face has the look of booze soaked hooch hound, you could keep him as a judge, just ruffle/dirt up his clothes a bit.

Cheers SJ

Of course we would get a Julie type competitor "Oh no, everything was done and all the beer was ready but I ran out of time to bottle it". So the judges would dip cups of it out of primary and she'd still win.

Oh, yeah. I can see people lining up to watch this show now. Imagine the dramatic possibilities of a boil over or a stuck ferment!

Show would be BORING AS HELL.
The hours approaching, just give it your best
You've got to reach your prime.
That’s when you need to put yourself to the test,
And show us a passage of time,
We're gonna need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Show a lot of things happing at once,
Remind everyone of what’s going on (what’s going on?)
And with every shot you show a little improvement
To show it all would take to long
That’s called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

And anything that we want to go from just a beginner to a pro,
You need a montage (montage)
Even Rocky had a montage (montage)

(Montage…montage)

Anything that we want to go from just a beginner to a pro,
You need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Always fade out in a montage,
If you fade out, it seem like more time
Has passed in a montage,
Montage

... thought how awesome would a MasterBrewer Australia show be.

Beefy, great idea but you would need to change the name if you want to get any of the professional brewers involved.

Master Brewer is a qualification offered by the Institute and Guild of Brewing for candidates "who have at least 5 years experience in the technical management of the beer production process."

There is also the Master Brewers Association of the Americas that is the professional body for US brewers.

There are already too many self-taught brewers around calling themselves a 'Master Brewer'.

Beefy, great idea but you would need to change the name if you want to get any of the professional brewers involved.

Master Brewer is a qualification offered by the Institute and Guild of Brewing for candidates "who have at least 5 years experience in the technical management of the beer production process."

There is also the Master Brewers Association of the Americas that is the professional body for US brewers.

There are already too many self-taught brewers around calling themselves a 'Master Brewer'.

As apposed to the all the amateur cooks competing for the title of Master 'Chef' - also a bonafide qualification

The audition episode could be quite funny. Watching the judges faces as they taste a farmland lager brewed at 29deg with 2kg of white sugar added ( :ph34r: Is that Chappo on TV again? :ph34r: ).

Cheers SJ

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Im a little more keen, tho, to see a fishing show on the same idea.
One where the competitors have to prepare special lures and baits for their fishing exploits.

We could call it Master Bait Australia

:lol: Master Baters

Wouldn't be hard to "flog" to the networks swinging beef.

Warren -

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Im a little more keen, tho, to see a fishing show on the same idea.
One where the competitors have to prepare special lures and baits for their fishing exploits.

We could call it Master Bait Australia

Sponsored by the ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure we could get some big fishing businessmen to "give us a hand"...

The audition episode could be quite funny. Watching the judges faces as they taste a farmland lager brewed at 29deg with 2kg of white sugar added ( :ph34r: Is that Chappo on TV again? :ph34r: ).

Cheers SJ
The audition episodes are always the best to watch.

This would especially be funny as some oveweight bogan (aren't we all?) goes running out, tears streaming from his eyes, as his tried & true farmland lager sugar monster gets rubbished.
"they said it was crap!"

Latest posts

Back