• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Mashtun For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back Yard Brewer

I HAVE A WIFE THAT UNDERSTANDS
Reaction score
I now have up for grabs a 36ltr Mashtun.Brand new never used. It comes with the pictured 1/2" bulk head thread with tap and internal braid. Asking $90 ono. Pick-up in the Barossa or if I am in Adelaide at some stage I will drop off somewhere convenient. Keep in mind the picturesque Barossa/Nuriootpa is less than 1 hours drive from the CBD so its not like driving to Sydney. I may even throw in a good bottle of Barossa red for someones effort if picking up. Ask Screwtop/GMK if I have any spare reds. :p

I will post reply once sold.

BYB

IMGP1613.JPG

IMGP1614.JPG

I now have up for grabs a Mashtun.Brand new never used. It comes with the pictured 1/2" bulk head thread with tap and internal braid. Asking $90. Pick-up in the Barossa or if I am in Adelaide at some stage I will drop off somewhere convenient. Keep in mind Nuriootpa is less than 1 hours drive from the CBD so its not like driving to Sydney. I may even throw in a good bottle of Barossa red for your effort if picking up. Ask Screwtop/GMK if I have any spare reds. :p

BYB

Don't really need another mash tun but.....hummmm. Might be worth the trip.

I now have up for grabs a 36ltr Mashtun.Brand new never used. It comes with the pictured 1/2" bulk head thread with tap and internal braid. Asking $90 ono. Pick-up in the Barossa or if I am in Adelaide at some stage I will drop off somewhere convenient. Keep in mind the picturesque Barossa/Nuriootpa is less than 1 hours drive from the CBD so its not like driving to Sydney. I may even throw in a good bottle of Barossa red for someones effort if picking up. Ask Screwtop/GMK if I have any spare reds. :p

BYB

Mashtun SOLD. It may even cost me a bottle of red :excl: :excl:

Mashtun SOLD. It may even cost me a bottle of red :excl: :excl:

You tightarse, bet it's not even one of your underground reds, would probably still be pretty good though. Any luck with the Limonchello recipe, have most of the makings as you would know, just need info on how to make it. No hurry, don't think it will go off :lol:

Screwy

You tightarse, bet it's not even one of your underground reds, would probably still be pretty good though. Any luck with the Limonchello recipe, have most of the makings as you would know, just need info on how to make it. No hurry, don't think it will go off :lol:

Screwy

As most of the world would be aware, any Barossa red is a good red :party: undergroungd or not. I must talk to my U.K connection this week about the Limonchello recipe, I seem to have miss placed it. MMMMM a little off topic are we not ? Anyway this is a brewers forum, not just beer is it ? I may even post the recipe on this thread once I make contact with the chef concerend.... :rolleyes:

BYB

Screwy

Screwy,
there's lots of lemoncello recipes on the web do a google search. Here's an extract from homedistiller.org

Citrus liqueurs (e.g. limoncello, agrumino) are made by infusing the peel in overproof spirit, and then adding water and sugar. It recommended to be kept in the fridge, although it seems O.K. on spirit store shelves. You might have gathered I have plenty of lemon and oranges in the garden!

Traditionally Limoncello and Agrumino were made by Italian Amalfi families using handed down recipes originally for private consumption. Here are two recipes.

Limoncello (aka limoncino, limonce):
Zest of 6 thick-skinned lemons (Lisbon, Citron). Do not use the white pith as it makes the liqueur bitter.
1 litre rectified alcohol 50%abv
0.5 litre distilled water
500g sugar
Macerate the peel in the alcohol for 10 days. Boil water and add sugar. Allow to cool. Add sugar syrup and store for another week. Strain and discard the lemon peel. Store in a refrigerator.

Agrumino:
Zest of 4 oranges, 2 lemons and 1 lime (or half a citron)
1 small mandarin, quartered
1 litre rectified alcohol 50%abv
0.5 litre distilled water
500g sugar
Boil water and add sugar. Allow to cool. Add sugar syrup to other ingredients and macerate for 10 days. Filter and discard mandarin and peel. The peel of mandarins can also be used - try the zest of 12 mandarins (tangerines) instead of the oranges and lemons.

Sorry for the thread hijack

Back