Mashmaster Thermometers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugglz

Reaction score
I have three 50Lt kegs and am looking to put a bi-metal thermometer into each one, i have two questions, 1, if i am putting it through a keg wall (quite thin) is the better option getting the normal bi-metal thermometer and making my own bulkhead fitting for it or should i go for the mashmaster weedless thermo? i ask this because the thread is quite long and i can imagine this getting annoying. 2, what is the difference between the mashmaster weldless bi-metal thermo and the MK 11?

thank you

you could bash the keg with a mallet to make it a bit flatter so it seals a bit better?

I got the weldless in a converted keg. Has been the proverbial joy. :)

Warren -

I've got 3 kegs all fitted with mashmaster bimetal thermometers.
I have 2 that are standard screw in models and 1 weldless.

there much the much really just depends on your application though I prefer the screw in version that i can remove easily and replace with a 1/2'' plug if necessary.

i would go for the new MKII version that I co designed with Brissybrew
either way you go they a great addition to any brewery.

Franko

stand2.jpg

thermo.jpg

The weldless MK2 it is then

thanks guys

you could bash the keg with a mallet to make it a bit flatter so it seals a bit better?

Boiler Maker are we?
Sorry Fitters will see the joke :lol:

Batz

Something I designed and would like to see Brissybrew put into production maybe someday.
It's for the bling factor

Franko

BlackThermosample.jpg

Just for another POV - I thought the weldless long thread would be annoying too, in my Sammus' Brewery MK I, I just bought the regular short threaded one, drilled a 15mm hole (I think thats it?) cut up a silicone baking tray to get 2 silicone washers positioned it like

Dial - metal washer - keg wall - silicone - silicone - metal washer - flanged locknut.

Fits fine and seals fine - use a bunch o thread tape though.

Something I designed and would like to see Brissybrew put into production maybe someday.
It's for the bling factor

Franko

Franko that's neat! :)

I'd like a Mashmaster therm with interchangeable skins. Dayglo red or lime green with black lettering would be fully cool !! :wub:

Warren -

I thought Commie red was more your colour Warren. :D

cheers

redgums

Boiler Maker are we?
Sorry Fitters will see the joke :lol:
Batz
Naaahh if he was a boiler maker it would be 2 1/2lb ball pein hammer, the fine adjustment weapon of choice! he just a harmless computer geek :p

Nice one Franko, looks the goods

Whats next? LED's and disco balls :p

Kabooby :)

Nooo... It'd have to be a shift light attached to the top right corner like on those monster dial tacho's worth $1000 you see in $500 Hyundais... :p

Just for another POV - I thought the weldless long thread would be annoying too, in my Sammus' Brewery MK I, I just bought the regular short threaded one, drilled a 15mm hole (I think thats it?) cut up a silicone baking tray to get 2 silicone washers positioned it like

Dial - metal washer - keg wall - silicone - silicone - metal washer - flanged locknut.

Fits fine and seals fine - use a bunch o thread tape though.

so you have two silicone washers both right next to each other? why is this? and is the teflon tape only under the locknut?

so you have two silicone washers both right next to each other? why is this? and is the teflon tape only under the locknut?

I think he's got the keg wall and silicon washer round the wrong way?

I would have thought:

Dial - metal washer - silicon - keg wall - silicone - metal washer - flanged locknut.

but thats just me... a complete tooltard?
Cheers
Steve

I think he's got the keg wall and silicon washer round the wrong way?

I would have thought:

Dial - metal washer - silicon - keg wall - silicone - metal washer - flanged locknut.

but thats just me... a complete tooltard?
Cheers
Steve

Would liquid leak through the thread? i would imagine the wort leaking through the thread under the locknut, washer silicon, keg wall, silicon, metal washer and coming out between the dial and the metal washer. Would this happen or am i just being paranoid?

also another quick Q, how successful would it be to use rubber o-rings (those found on the taps of plastic fermenter) instead of silicon?

Would liquid leak through the thread? i would imagine the wort leaking through the thread under the locknut, washer silicon, keg wall, silicon, metal washer and coming out between the dial and the metal washer. Would this happen or am i just being paranoid?

also another quick Q, how successful would it be to use rubber o-rings (those found on the taps of plastic fermenter) instead of silicon?

Plenty of thread tape should stop that. I have one of those short thread ones and haven't been game to mount it - this thread has inspired me to give it a go.

Latest posts

Back