Mash Paddle 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you guys whom brewed up the paddle beer 8 months ago. Hows it looking? Seems crazy a thread about a comp 8 months ago, yet its dormant now. How many entries do they get? How does lager beer fermented at ale temps hold up after such time?

to answer a couple other of the questions the mash paddle is a different beer every year and ussually what beer it is exactly is announced quite early on, ussually start talking about what the beer will be next year right after the comp has been judged.
Anyway thats how its been done for a few years and the mash paddle is ussually one of the biggest catergories of anawbs now.
Very hotly contested and big bragging rights and prizes up for grabs.

So you guys whom brewed up the paddle beer 8 months ago. Hows it looking? Seems crazy a thread about a comp 8 months ago, yet its dormant now. How many entries do they get? How does lager beer fermented at ale temps hold up after such time?

My paddle entry is tasting great & packaged for drop off tomorrow.

Got 9 entries all up, would have liked to enter a couple of other beers but didn't fit the style categories being judged.

I don't think anyone will enter an 8 month old beer, maybe some but....anyway they must have been talking about a trial run.

I thought entrys close next week.

Yep entries close next week for those in Adelaide, and this week (today I think) for the interstaters.

Interestingly I have both a 6 month old version and a very fresh version at the moment. Now to check the rules about two beers in the same category ;)

Back