• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

March Pump, PID and HLT for sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YZ250

Reaction score
I am selling the following home brewing items. All are located in Canberra but I will post anywhere at the buyers expense. If you want an item, PM me with what you want and we will organse payment (bank deposit) and postage (everything will fit in flat rate satchels bar the HLT). First in best dressed.

HLT
50 liter converted keg with 1/2 stainless ball valve, stainles nipple, 2200w stainless element, sight glass and foam insulation. This unit is fully functioning and does a great job. $100

March Pump
March Pump 815 PL with 240v cord and switch, brass ball valve and 2 x stainless nipples (one in and one out). This is a fantastic pump thats barely a year old. All wired up and ready to go. $170

PID
Auber Instruments PID model SYL4342. This is not wired, brand new, never used. This is the 1/4 DIN model (about 10cms square) with ramp and soak capability for step mashing. Includes 3 x 2m stainless thremocouples, heat sink and 30am SSR

Other
1 x 3600 watt sickle element (from a hot water heater). Never used - bought for a herms unit that was never built. Would also suit a HLT. $20
1 x 240v (3000watt) potentiometer in jiffy box (you plug into 240v and then plug the applicance you want to control into the box). I used this to control the power of an electric heating element. $30.

ninety bucks. will need wiring, it's unused and brand new.

Damn missed this thread until too late. If the HLT deal falls through, put me down for it!

My mate has one for sale....unused in box $160...I am about to put all his stuff up for sale on local homebrew forum, with unsold items going on here after a couple of days. If you want the pump PM me your email and ill send photos and put you in touch with him

YZ250 said:
snip..

Other
1 x 3600 watt sickle element (from a hot water heater). Never used - bought for a herms unit that was never built. Would also suit a HLT. $20
1 x 240v (3000watt) potentiometer in jiffy box (you plug into 240v and then plug the applicance you want to control into the box). I used this to control the power of an electric heating element. $30.
What principal does the "potentiometer" work on? If it was a simple variable resistor then you need to dissipate a huge amount of waste heat, is it a rheostat? ie: on, off, on, off on a slow cycle? PWM? Other?

Not sure. It has a heat sink behind it. I have used it numerous times without setting anything in fire. I run it between 80% and 100% normally.

Latest posts

Back