March Pump Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know of three others that are in if we get over 10. One will post tomorrow to the list.
So 10 is looking good.
I'm hoping we can get 20 so that we can all save some dollars and get a great pump.

Beers,
Doc

johnno said:
redbeard said:
yes, im interested. is this a goer only for 10+ ?
[post="71959"][/post]​
Correct redbeard.
So far its you,Doc and me. Maybe the Pale Aler as well?

johnno
[post="71964"][/post]​

You missed me Johnno, see Post#9.

:beerbang:
PeterS....

There may be one of the guys in my HB club that's interested, he said he will check out AHB so he might post and let you know.

Hoops

Peter Shane said:
johnno said:
redbeard said:
yes, im interested. is this a goer only for 10+ ?
[post="71959"][/post]​
Correct redbeard.
So far its you,Doc and me. Maybe the Pale Aler as well?

johnno
[post="71964"][/post]​

You missed me Johnno, see Post#9.

:beerbang:
PeterS....
[post="71973"][/post]​
Apologies Peter. I better get a pen out and make a list as this thread may get very large.
The more the merrier in this case. So with Docs other 3. Looks like we are getting close.

johnno

I was one of docs three.
Count me in.
Trev lives in the Shire also, so we could share postage??

If there is a bracket that attaches to the round motor housing ,I'll be in for a bracket(not the s/steel plate as shown b4)

Here's an alternative to the s/s bracket which you can buy at bunnings for a couple of bucks.
IMG_0023.JPG

vlbaby.

Ok,
so far it looks like we have six positives for the pump.

Doc
Peter Shane
Redbeard
Trev
Tim
Johnno

Anyone else?

Johnno

Im interested, providing its a march pump 809 model with decent mounting bracket. No IRDA pumps pls.
Gotta love these bulk buys.

already pm'd Doc, Johnno, with a yes so you better add me to your list too.

Doc
Peter Shane
Redbeard
Trev
Tim
Johnno
Hopsta
AndrewQLD

Still to come back
Another member that has PM'd me, who will be replying to this thread today
Hoops brewclub mate

So we are looking good for 10.
Johnno, which brackets were they talking about for $20 ?

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Doc
Peter Shane
Redbeard
Trev
Tim
Johnno
Hopsta
AndrewQLD

Still to come back
Another member that has PM'd me, who will be replying to this thread today
Hoops brewclub mate

So we are looking good for 10.
Johnno, which brackets were they talking about for $20 ?

Beers,
Doc
[post="72082"][/post]​
Doc,
I'm just about to call again to get some more info on the brackets. I just asked if they can provide on yesterday and they said yes. I have no idea what size or shape it is.

johnno

What type of fittings will these pumps be for, I would prefer threaded rather than barbed if that is possible

Cheers
Andrew

Here is a piccy of the pump.
It has a threaded inlet and outlet of which I believe is 1/2"

Beers,
Doc

pumpmarch02.jpg

Doc said:
Here is a piccy of the pump.
It has a threaded inlet and outlet of which I believe is 1/2"

Beers,
Doc
[post="72088"][/post]​

Thanks Doc, that's perfect

Andrew

kirem said:
Is the pump any different to the B3 pump?

http://www.morebeer.com/product.html?product_id=17311

$US130 = approx $AUS170 plus postage and shipping.
[post="72089"][/post]​

Actually Kirem you if you want to order the pump from MoreBeer you need this one which is the 230v version. That therefore makes it US$155 + postage and shipping. MoreBeer has also been out of stock of that pump for the last 3-4 months.
As for the models being the same, I think the MoreBeer one is made for them. What the differences therefore are, I have no idea, but I'd imagine they are minor if any.

Beers,
Doc

It's amazing how timely these bulk buys can be. I was going to order a one of these pumps tomorrow.

Add me to the list please.

Cheers
Bagnol

Kirem, no it's no different. The exact same pump in a 240V model (which morebeer can supply as well if you ask) but it does have a mounting plate attached to it on the B3 one, no biggie in my opinion.

However, yes it is $170AUD (if that's what you worked it out to be, but ultimately depends on what exchange rate your bank offers you, it's never as good as you see on www.xe.com or the daily news-they take a cut) from B3 but you will be looking at around $40+ for shipping & insurance (which I think is compulsory with B3?), I forget the exact figure but I have priced it before and it works out to about the same price that the guys are trying to offer here.

I got mine from G&G on their 20% sale and it cost me around $220. This price is good. If your even thinking about a pump I say jump in and grab one, you will use it and you know you want it ;).

When I saw the pump at this price I just said what the hell it's only money, I'd been dreaming one one since I started all graining.

Good work fellas.

Cheers, Justin

OK,
Just spoke to Greg at Process pumps.
The bracket is an L shaped bracket that attaches to the pump (not sure how) which in turn can be mounted to either a wall,beer stand etc. He did not have any pics of one but kindly offered a sketch of one in an email wichh I am waiting for.

Other issues:
They dont have enough stock at the moment. They order on Friday which then takes another 2 or 3 weeks for the pumps to get here from overseas.
Depending on how soon we want these it may be a good idea to have the final number by Friday so I can let them know.

Postage. They unit comes in its own prepackaged box. They can mail the unit to anywhere in Australia for $16.50. I dont mind picking the units up and mailing them myself but I will post out via registered, return receipt mail due to the cost of the units.

I'm still waiting for the sketch of the bracket. Will post as soon as I have it.

johnno

Back