March Pump Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bracket arrived today too. Yours is here too Linz.
Haven't checked to see if it is bent correctly yet though.

Beers,
Doc

my brackets arrived today..

very Happy - both bent the right way...

Thanks again Johnno.

No bracket for me yet..... perhaps tomorrow....

Verified late last night that they brackets for both Linz and myself are bent correctly.
Thanks very much Johnno. Much appreciated. Also thanks to Process Pumps for putting it right. Great customer service.

Beers,
Doc

I have mine too, thanks heaps to Johnno for all the legwork, and also to process pumps for fixing up the mistake well done.

Andrew

Can everyone fit the bracket on ok.
The one I got is not aligned correctly. ie the screw holes on the bracket do not line up with the holes on the pump and I can only get one screw in.
Looks like mine will be getting sent back again. :angry:

johnno

Found my bracket today in the garage, so it probably did arrive yesterday. Fits perectly thanks Johnno, you'd think they could of got yours right this time round... oh well.

Hello Everyone,

Just to introduce myself, I work at Process Pumps and will be happy to give any support in relation to the March pumps that a lot of you have now purchased. Apologies for the incorrect bracket, very embarassing :huh:

We've organised to send a new bracket to Johnno (one that actually fits).

So if anyone has any questions regarding the March pumps please don't hesitate to contact myself.

I also note that someone is offering to sell the same pumps direct from the U.S. This should not be happening as all March pump distributors are given a sales region to work with. Ours is Australia! We are looking into this. It may sound like no big deal, but we play by the rules and we expect others to do the same.

Anyway, now that I have that unpleasentness out of my system I look forward to being able to assist anyone with any pumping related questions.

Cheers,
Karl.

SpecialK said:
Hello Everyone,

Just to introduce myself, I work at Process Pumps and will be happy to give any support in relation to the March pumps that a lot of you have now purchased. Apologies for the incorrect bracket, very embarassing :huh:

We've organised to send a new bracket to Johnno (one that actually fits).

So if anyone has any questions regarding the March pumps please don't hesitate to contact myself.

I also note that someone is offering to sell the same pumps direct from the U.S. This should not be happening as all March pump distributors are given a sales region to work with. Ours is Australia! We are looking into this. It may sound like no big deal, but we play by the rules and we expect others to do the same.

Anyway, now that I have that unpleasentness out of my system I look forward to being able to assist anyone with any pumping related questions.

Cheers,
Karl.
[post="89104"][/post]​

Excellent thanks Karl, i have a question regarding the warranty card, i see these pumps have a 12 month warranty on faulty workmanship (not misuse of course) are we best off filling out the card and sending it to you guys or to the US Manufactures?

Hopsta said:
Excellent thanks Karl, i have a question regarding the warranty card, i see these pumps have a 12 month warranty on faulty workmanship (not misuse of course) are we best off filling out the card and sending it to you guys or to the US Manufactures?
[post="89111"][/post]​

It would make more sense to send the warranty card to us, because if there are any problems with the equipment (heaven forbid!) then we will be the ones to replace/repair.

I'll start a file at work with any warranty cards people would like to send in. Note that if you choose not to send the card in we will still cover you under warranty (just in case someone has lost their card) you would just need to advise when you bought the pump and who from (ie johnno) so we can double check the details. The serial number on each pump also indicates when the pump was manufactured within a week or two

Cheers,
Karl

Edit: If you need our postal details either PM or email me.

I've just installed the replacement bracket on my pump and had no problems.
I've also now been able to rotate the head 90 degrees so that the outlet is at the top. I didn't have any problems previously with it horizontal, but I believe this is the recommended configuration.

MarchPump_004__Large_.jpg
MarchPump_006__Large_.jpg

Thanks again Johnno and SpecialK.

Beers,
Doc

Bracket arrived today.
Thanks heaps for all the work Johnno.
nt
:beer:

Doc,
Is that someting you are using to cover the back end of the pump?
Care to elaborate?

cheers
johnno

Welcome Aboard SpecialK...

Glad we have you to answer our March Pump Problems - if we have any.

I think u should have given Johnno a process pumps logo shirt or some Process Pumps merchandise for all the trouble he went through in organising the bulk buy...

:)

johnno said:
Doc,
Is that someting you are using to cover the back end of the pump?
Care to elaborate?

cheers
johnno
[post="89195"][/post]​

It is a part of an old light fitting. It is like a thick wax paper type material that I have covered the back of the pump with to avoid liquid entering the windings of the pump.

Beers,
Doc

You're note worried about heat? I realise that you probably only run it for a short period, but i'm guessing the vents are there for a reason.

I had it sitting on their loosely previously and had no problems. Now it is a bit more secure. I'll be monitoring how it goes. I'm more worried about getting wort/water into the pump though than it overheating ATM.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
I had it sitting on their loosely previously and had no problems. Now it is a bit more secure. I'll be monitoring how it goes. I'm more worried about getting wort/water into the pump though than it overheating ATM.

Beers,
Doc
[post="89248"][/post]​

It wont be good for the motors windings doc. These little motors get stinking hot even when there is air flow.
If you are running for very short periods you may get away with it, but i wouldnt run any longer than say 5 mins . What the heat is doing is slowly breaking down the enamel coating on the windings. Eventually it will breakdown enough to short out and a rewind will be neccessary.

Hate to preach, but its just good advice from an industrial electrician. :)

vlbaby.

GMK said:
Welcome Aboard SpecialK...

Glad we have you to answer our March Pump Problems - if we have any.

I think u should have given Johnno a process pumps logo shirt or some Process Pumps merchandise for all the trouble he went through in organising the bulk buy...

:)
[post="89201"][/post]​

Thanks for the greetings. I'd love to give Johnno something to show our appreciation. Alas we don't have any merchandise, only pumps. Hopefully March or another of our manufacturers will send some Christmas merchandise through in the next month, if so I'll pick out something nice for Johnno.

I've been pushing to have some Process Pumps stubbie holders for a while now. not getting to far with that one though.

Cheers,
Karl.

Latest posts

Back