Manin' Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No distillation involved. It's just partially freezing the beer and then draining off the liquid.

Yeh, I think that this is freeze distillation and considered illegal in Australia. Not that anyone would know or come knocking on your door to tell you to stop, but technically I think it comes under this banner.

didn't that Petesy guy on here do it by accident once?
I think plenty of people have done it by accident. Including me. I drained off a little and tried it before letting it melt. I will be repeating it though, as the drained off eisbeer was beautiful.

I think plenty of people have done it by accident. Including me. I drained off a little and tried it before letting it melt. I will be repeating it though, as the drained off eisbeer was beautiful.

Happened with my 'bacon and pancakes' Brown Ale. (Rauch malt and maple syrup.)

Was delicious!

Whoa, Just spotted the brewdog Sink the Bimarch

41%

Based on the price of the Penguin, this would be about 200 dollars..

Still, extreme brewing.

Another hard day at the office....3 down 2 to go B)

Brewdog.JPG

cheers Ross

Edit: Sink The Bismark RRP approx $259 per 330ml stubbie... most expensive beer in Australia???

Saw a bottle go over the counter yesterday. Wrapped in brown paper with a little hand drawn penguin on it, and 32% written under that. It was extreme. Pete2501 nearly shat himself when he heard the price. The best bit was the guy walked in the shop and said 'I'm here for a beer'. Bredanos said nothing, nodded, went out the back and re-emerged with it. Wish I was man enough to buy one. Spent only 2/3rds of that in the shop but walked away with 12 new beers to try... Maybe brewing one yourself is the answer.

Edit: How was the Tokyo* Ross? I got one of those and really enjoyed the Tokyo so am looking forward to it. Are they similar?

Another hard day at the office....3 down 2 to go B)

View attachment 37272

cheers Ross

Edit: Sink The Bismark RRP approx $259 per 330ml stubbie... most expensive beer in Australia???

SH*T!! :eek:

PS: keep the empties so I can at least have a sniff tomorrow.

SH*T!! :eek:

PS: keep the empties so I can at least have a sniff tomorrow.

Haha, i was thinking the same thing! I'd be licking the neck of the bottle! There will probabaly be 10 bucks of residue there! :icon_chickcheers:

I saw three Brew Dog beers come through work a couple weeks ago. Going to Bondi I think, sent direct from the brewery.

From memory they were Sink the Bismarck and TNP but I can't be sure.

If you don't want to pay the excise, buy direct from the brewery and get it mailed. 1 or 4 bottles of beer won't get charged.

Latest posts

Back