MEP estimation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starcmr

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on estimating the MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) requirements for a historic building renovation project.

The building has unique architectural features and its original construction dates back to the early 1900s. Considering the historical significance of the structure,

what factors should I take into account when estimating the MEP costs?

Are there any specialized techniques or considerations specific to renovating historic buildings that I should be aware of?

I'd appreciate any insights or experiences you can share on this topic.

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on estimating the MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) requirements for a historic building renovation project.

The building has unique architectural features and its original construction dates back to the early 1900s. Considering the historical significance of the structure,

what factors should I take into account when estimating the MEP costs?

Are there any specialized techniques or considerations specific to renovating historic buildings that I should be aware of?

I'd appreciate any insights or experiences you can share on this topic.

Thanks in advance!
Are you sure you have enrolled on the right forum? Seems the best forum for you would be this one.
https://www.houserepairtalk.com/

Thats some first rate off topic, mate.

Here's a possibly worthless anecdote.

Back when I was an on the tools plumber, we had a job at the old Hawkesbury hospital (now library I think) bringing some of the circa 1820 piping into the 21st century.
Anyway, they take their heritage listing extremely seriously in this area. So when the heritage officer boffins stuck their heads in to see how the renos in the foyer were progressing, they were horrified to discover the flogs the painter had working for him decided its was easier to spack fill and paint over some of the carved architraves and timber work.
The contractor had to rectify this boo boo. On his own coin, and I'd assume, at a considerable amount of labour.

When 'historical significance' is a factor, iit pays to read the work order. And instruct clearly.

Latest posts

Back