Manifolds

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
queer eye for the straight guy.yep shes a bit bent :D

um...yes...well...I'm not very good with tools, or copper, or rubber, etc. Still, I blame the tools ;)

Hey - I still make great beer!

and that is what its all about snow.great beer.well done mate.

as someone one this site once said

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder :D

cheers
big d

I used that piece of stainless braid in my boiler as I suggested , worked well

Batz, do you use all pellet hops in your boil? Just wondering if that stops them getting through or do you have to use some plugs to give you some decent material to form a filter bed?

I've switched to all pellets at the moment ao I wonder if this is worth bothering with.

I use pellets , after a stir and a settle I get nothing in the fermenter

Having said this , before I did not worry about some hops in the primary , settled and I rack so it was not really a problem

I can't help changing things ! :ph34r:

nother question for you batz
did you measure efficiency?
just curious how it faired against the mesh style strainer?

cheers
big d

Batz said:
The other day a plumber was working at our work and replaced one of these stainless covered water lines , I grabbed to old one and cut the fittings off the ends.
Then grabbed the rubber tube ,( which is inside ) with the vice and pulled it out.
I am going to try the same thing. I made one modification to the basic model (last night). I stuffed stainless steel "kitchen scrubby" down the length of it so it doesn't get crushed by the grist. I could write an article in its own right on how to stuff scrubbies into a SS mesh tube. A dramatized reconstruction of the stuffing can be found:
Brewiki SS Manifold

Having said that, I haven't tried it yet. Being the veteran masher that I am (total of 1 partial) I am looking forward to trying it on my next brew.

This manifold is in my kettle , not my mash tun

My mash tun uses a boozooka type screen , efficiency with my last batch sparge big d was way up there , somewhere around 78% , I was wrapped

Batz,
This may seem like a stupid question but I'm only getting info from the threads here.
What is the purpose of the manifold in the kettle?
apologies if I dont make sense :blink:

cheers

stupid bloody question.
for the hops boiled of course.
cant think straight ,, kids running arouns everywhere.
ignore the post .
admin please delete

That's it Johnno , just a strainer really

Here is my completed manifold for 10 Gallon round Cooler.

C&B
TDA

Manifold1.JPG

G'Day TDA and all,
Top looking job TDA, it is very similar to mine.
I followed the John Palmer instructions and I am consistently getting 75% from my tun.
Hers a pic for any interested mashers.

P1010019.JPG

Latest posts

Back