Manifold Advice - Version 2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone live nearby that could give him a hand? No offence Hahn but by your own admissions you are a tool tard :D

I'm cool, i put a hole into a coppers fermenter and installed a kettle element that has been through about 5 BIAB's, so I should be ok :ph34r:

i wouldn't want to wait 50 minutes either. lucky my braid takes bugger all time to drain. even quicker than your 20 mins Pumpy B)

+1 75l takes about that long with my braid :D

The only complaint I have about my braid is the floating aspect it assumes when I give the mash a good stir.

If I had the tap open full, I could drain 36 litres in under 5 minutes! What's all this bollocks about 50??!! Good luck with the project Hahn, I used dodgy plastic irrigation barbs to slip my braid over, which were screwed into a T-piece. Too easy.

I can't find a pic at the moment, but the t-piece (brass) screws onto a brass nipple that extends through the esky wall. The two plastic irrigation barbs (from the garden section at Bunnings) screw into the T-piece and the braid slipped over those easily enough to form a loop. The pesky thing floats a bit with a vigorous stir, but it drains very quickly and cleanly (1 litre recirc is all I ever need).

Having said all that, I'm changing to a PVC/copper/false bottom in the coming months (mainly because I can't stand still, rather than for performance reasons!).

Cheers

There is a good instructional project (pleanty of pictures) for building a copper manifold in the back of the current (July/August) edition of BYO.

I am going to give it a go this weekend and will let you know how it goes!

Latest posts

Back