Mango Beer/appeasing The Wife....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackapple

Reaction score
Gday All

Moving my way up the brew ladder, been using kits now getting bored and after visiting sean at country brewer in hurlstone park have started experimenting.

Part of my permission to use the kitchen for these purposes is to brew the odd fruity beer for my wife, I have in one fermenter at the moment a strawberry wheat ale from beerrecipes.org which the yeast is having a good old go at.

My next request is for something with mango in it, tried Matso's a while back and couldn't get the bottle back off her.

So I am looking for a beginner/intermediate level recipe to keep the peace while I experiment.

Cheers

Make her some cider Blackapple.And a cherry beer - Kreik.

Making a Kreik is a time consuming and difficult process. I'm drinking my last effort now and it's a little disappointing.

I would suggest a mango wheat beer. 50/50 wheat/pilsner with US-05 at 18C then at least 2kg fruit into a secondary. Yum!

Cherry beer sounds good! any tips......other than the ones in your picture.....

Brew an ale, and when it has finished fermentation, dump in frozen cherries as Jakob suggested. I used 1kg - then let it ferment another week or so. I have done a lager with blueberries too. I preferred it with ales though :)

Mango goes very nicely with wheat beers.

You could also just make an wheat beer that you will enjoy and your wife can mix in some mango juice, just like a raddler. I have done this a few times as my wife likes fruit beers but they don't do much for me.

Let us know how you go.

Brew an ale, and when it has finished fermentation, dump in frozen cherries as Jakob suggested. I used 1kg - then let it ferment another week or so. I have done a lager with blueberries too. I preferred it with ales though :)
Will give it a try. You would dump fruit into the primary after fermentation or into a secondary?

Watching the football, drinking a golden ale attempt, and smelling an american pale ale under boil on the stove. Wouldn't be dead for quids.

Wagga, that sounds like it would taste fantastic!!

I made a Thomas Coopers wheat beer late last year and added some mango pulp and passionfruit in secondary. Tasted great!

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=49997

After primary has finished, drop them in your fermenter. All the colour leeches from the fruit, and you end up with brains in the yeast cake :icon_cheers:

I ferment in Jerry Cans, so I checked a small wedge under the tap side such that the majority of the cake was on the deep end, tap at the other end. There's a lot of volume and you don't want to have it block your tap and disturb the cake :)

Will give it a try. You would dump fruit into the primary after fermentation or into a secondary?

Watching the football, drinking a golden ale attempt, and smelling an american pale ale under boil on the stove. Wouldn't be dead for quids.

Latest posts

Back