Mancave/Brewshed/Bar/Workshop Floor plan opinions.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neo__04

Reaction score
Hey all,

Got a rough layout for my 7m wide x 8m deep shed im building.

Its a bit of everything, Brewing shed, workshop, bar, fire, tv, fit a car, welder etc....

Any thoughts on the floorplan?

View attachment SHED.pdf

You lucky *******... I'm sure there is other thoughts but I keep coming back to that one.

Most of the layout is flexible, i'll build the benches, brew bench, bar etc to suit once the sheds up.

Cant wait to start brewing in it!

Easy access to wash and sweep the floor is a must I think. Benches on wheels is a good thing too. Nice space. Be great to see it finished.Regards Dave.

Keep things up off the ground... So if you ever want/need to hose it out, you don't need to worry about pulling everything out

The bar space could be bigger ;)

How you going to set that up? Glycol system and flooded fonts or a keezer type setup?

I'd get a dedicated wet area for brewing and fermenting, sloping painted floor with drain in it. That way you can just hose your fridges out when they get filthy, and hose all your other brewing gear right where you're brewing. Put a little 100mm or so 'wall' around it, that way you can keep the water separate from the other areas.

I know that's what I'll be doing when I'm building my space.

As for the bar, not 100% sure yet. I've got a keezer at the moment, havent really put it to good use yet as i as still an all grain newbie so i've been bottling most of what i had made.
I was thinking of getting a bar fridge and putting a couple of kegs in it, then having the taps on top of the bar. The keezer is too big to work in the bar space. Could put the somewhere else in the shed.

As for the wet area, the wet area on the plan with be tiled, sloping to a 100mm drain in the floor. It will have a big stainless sink and bench and will be used for all the washing up.

What would you do to change the wet area?

I really hate you is my only thought !! Jealousy

Very lucky to have that much space!

I would paint/seal the floor underneath the brew area all the way to and including the wet room.

Purely for the ease of cleaning any potential spills! Other than that every thing looks good, and again so very very jealous! B)

Edit- Just re0read that the wet area will be tiled, so just under the brew area to be painted.
B)

For the wet area an idea would be drainage grating to the outer edge of the wet area, connected to the waste water drainage. Including the floor waste to the centre. If the wet area is going to be tiles, shop around for non slip tiles.
I'd be going a bigger bar as well, but everything costs I spose.
good luck with it.

Nice to hear you all like the plans :)

I've been reading the forums for years and looking at everyone gear with my own jealousy, so now its my turn to get setup properly.

Might have to host a brew day so someone can refresh my memory on how to brew AG!

Well I have never done a build thread before. So maybe i should do it for the shed. lol.

Slab went down yesterday morning. After getting the concrete truck bogged, it was a long morning wheel barrowing the whole truck load of concrete...

shed.jpg

I'm getting a new shed soon, but 7.5m x 3.5m doesn't have the same ring as 7 x 8m. Jealous is definitely a word that comes to mind! Nice looking slab! keep the progress photos coming!

Another update to the brewery build.

Finished making my wall frames and roof trusses today. Shed construction starts tomorrow morning!

walls.jpgtrusses.jpg

Gets pretty real when that much timber turns up your front lawn!

Yep, colourbond wall and roof cladding turned up not long after.
All here ready to go!

Latest posts

Back