Man Can keg System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get something that attaches to a stainless steel growler that does the same thing from Keg King.

I actually looked at importing these a while ago. Never ended up putting in a order though. Postage and the low aussie dollar were what killed the idea for me

Just walked to my fridge
IMG_20150610_163145.jpg
Got this one from James at Monday2Sunday, I cant see them on the website right now but I know he is making some changes so contact him if you are interested.
Mark

northernbrewer said:
I actually looked at importing these a while ago. Never ended up putting in a order though. Postage and the low aussie dollar were what killed the idea for me
Same, was gunna do a bulk buy and get a hundred shipped in, decided to concentrate on whisky Barrels

MHB said:
Just walked to my fridge
attachicon.gif
IMG_20150610_163145.jpg
Got this one from James at Monday2Sunday, I cant see them on the website right now but I know he is making some changes so contact him if you are interested.
Mark
Well now we know where the US guys sourced their lid adapter from. Its the same deal.

P.s. nice summary of D-K in your sig.

MHB said:
Just walked to my fridge
IMG_20150610_163145.jpg
Mark
Hey Mark,

Can you serve from these laying on their side?

Not really designed to lie down, I think you could make it work, you might need to put some weight on the silicone dip-tube to keep it pointing the right way (just thinking about it a 8mm Stainless splice in the end might do) and the tap would be at right angles to the body, a little ungainly but doable. I was talking to James about this on Tuesday, he is looking at some that can be used prone, and one that will fit in the fridge door.

I got a smack over the knuckles from the Mods for putting in a link to M2S, I do a bit of commercial brewing there (its a licenced brewery) and teach some brewing classes, for which I get payed. I am not a retailer anymore and stand to make nothing if you buy equipment from M2S, sorry if putting in the link upset anyone it wasn't there for my benefit - I think its a bit precious but then I'm not a Mod.
Mark

You got pinged for a link to a site? Weird...

MHB said:
I got a smack over the knuckles from the Mods for putting in a link to M2S, I do a bit of commercial brewing there (its a licenced brewery) and teach some brewing classes, for which I get payed. I am not a retailer anymore and stand to make nothing if you buy equipment from M2S, sorry if putting in the link upset anyone it wasn't there for my benefit - I think its a bit precious but then I'm not a Mod.
Mark
MODERATION:

First up Mark, mods only enforce site rules any " precious" actions are in your above post.

Because you are employed by the company you linked to then you do gain from any advertising....clicking on the link you provided does not produce a link to the product directly but I do note that your brewing courses did appear on that page.
^^^^ This above is entirely different to a member providing a link to a supplier that they have no affiliation with.

The site rules are there to protect Sponsors and Retailers that actually do contribute to this site but rather than make a big deal out of it why dont you get your new employer to join as a Sponsor or Retailer.

He will need to contact Austin with his details......

dicko said:
MODERATION:

First up Mark, mods only enforce site rules any " precious" actions are in your above post.

Because you are employed by the company you linked to then you do gain from any advertising....clicking on the link you provided does not produce a link to the product directly but I do note that your brewing courses did appear on that page.
^^^^ This above is entirely different to a member providing a link to a supplier that they have no affiliation with.

The site rules are there to protect Sponsors and Retailers that actually do contribute to this site but rather than make a big deal out of it why dont you get your new employer to join as a Sponsor or Retailer.

He will need to contact Austin with his details......
Hey dicko,

So if the link was to the product, would that have been ok?

No, Mark is employed / affiliated with that company.

The decision to remove the link in MHB's post was raised initially as a report to the admin and then after discussion amongst Mods/Admin it was decided to take the action that was taken.
It was not from me or any other single moderator but the decision was"as a group"
Mark is affiliated to that company.

Mark was as I believe notified by PM regarding the decision.

His comments in his most recent post above is contrary to site rules # 14 and if he neded to comment further he should have done so by PM.

He has been around long enough to know what he did was wrong if I recall he was a "Retailer" on this site for some time.

Rather than just delete / hide his post I commented as a moderator to maintain a bit of transparency on this forum between members and moderators in the hope that it discourages others from the same thing and as well as indicate to other retailers that the rules are there for a reason.....
The post wasn't deleted only the direct link. As a group, ( Moderators ) we thought that was the fair way to handle the situation.
The bulk of the post by MHB was left un edited.

Site rule # 14 actually applies to all members on here so as not to derail this thread any further I suggest all posts stay on topic.

Back on topic
Kiwimike said:
They're using air instead of CO2, won't that taint the beer?
That is what the floating plate is for, essentially it separates the pressurised headspace from contact with the beer.

Latest posts

Back