making a comeback

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewy

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm dave from mildura. I am making a comeback into the home brew scene its been somewhere around 20 years since I've made homebrew and WOW how things have changed... I haven't started a brew yet just purchased a kit and am building my fermenter chamber I'm waiting for the thermostat to come from eBay.. Can't wait to get started....

Dave, what were the standards 20 yrs ago? Coopers original series I'm guessing and anyone suggesting BIAB would have been burned at the stake...

Pretty sure biab wasnt even a twinkle in someones eyes 20 years ago!

"bout time ya came back, we've been missing ya'.

doon said:
Pretty sure biab wasnt even a twinkle in someones eyes 20 years ago!
Dave Line's Big book of Brewing has a BIAB (essentially) very rough guide in it, from the 80's if im not mistaken

ed.. Oh, and welcome back to it Dave... just goes to prove that it never leaves you :ph34r:

Haha I stand corrected!

Inspirational stuff !!! You should blog the $hit out of it. Plenty of good info an people here to help you with any questions. Ask and you will receive !!!

The Cooper's original kit was out and there was a fairly experimental range of goo tins available.. Quite frankly it was pretty rough their wasn't a great deal of information That was easy to attain anyway. We brewed with a light bulb in an old fridge on a dimmer switch to adjust temperature which was pretty fancy .. Everything was brewed above 18°c for brews to get above 35 wasn't uncommon we actually thought it was good because it only took 3 or 4 days and it was ready to bottle lol..

Biab was how my father brewed before kits or goo tins were even a dream...

G'day Dave,
Welcome to the site and back to brewing. I am also in Mildura and have been brewing for about 8 months just laid down my second BIAB AG brew.
Regis,
Andrew.

Latest posts

Back