Maitland (NSW) LHBS Gone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_wibble

Beer Odd
Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Maitland Country Brewer?

The building is now occupied by a tarot card reader or suchlike.

It was never my LHBS, but SWMBO gets all my birthday presents there ;)

-kt

Is that the one on the corner or something on the main road across from billabongs restaurant ruffly..? I'm only goin off were friends go they told me about.

Yep, still going strong. Massive shop, nice and clean!

Would be great to have a Country Brewer branch in Forster / Tuncurry / Taree area. Combined population of 80,000. B)

Yeah, I feel your pain.

We have 3 nearby, but they're all about 45-60 minutes away.
What really ships me, is that when I'm halfway home I remember what it was I went in there for, not the bottle-caps+air-lock+book+ss-fittings+... that I bought on impulse.

Mr Wibble said:
Yeah, I feel your pain.

We have 3 nearby, but they're all about 45-60 minutes away.
What really ships me, is that when I'm halfway home I remember what it was I went in there for, not the bottle-caps+air-lock+book+ss-fittings+... that I bought on impulse.
Always make and remember to take your shopping list.

You may feel silly dragging a list along, but you'll be much happier when on the road home.

Based on my experience too.

Dropped in today, and bought a (rare) can of concentrate for about $20. Fair enough, I think, having not bought a kit from a brew shop for some time.

On the way home, checked the BBE date - January 2014. Sucked in , I think. Should have checked while I was still in the shop, but you'd expect them to be checking for themselves, wouldn't you?
No point complaining too much. Just let this be a warning if you go there.
Too far for me to go back. I was on the way back home from a drive with my recently licenced daughter

Latest posts

Back