Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried this beer only a few weeks ago and am hooked. I think I got my old man hooked also.

Absolutely love the stuff. Supply in Melbourne is looking very grim indeed. I bought out the Springvale/Mulgrave branch, (3 bottles), of Dan Murphy's and my old man asked at the Seaford branch and they said there were only 3 odd bottles left.. in MORNINGTON. Haven't spotted it in Woolies.

I tried this beer only a few weeks ago and am hooked. I think I got my old man hooked also.

Absolutely love the stuff. Supply in Melbourne is looking very grim indeed. I bought out the Springvale/Mulgrave branch, (3 bottles), of Dan Murphy's and my old man asked at the Seaford branch and they said there were only 3 odd bottles left.. in MORNINGTON. Haven't spotted it in Woolies.

If you have a Choice Liquor down your way, may be worth trying there as I have seen some up this way.

I've just kegged an American (NZ) wheat with all Motueka flowers - and it tastes and smells of the Hoppy Heffe. Gonna guess it's the main hop....

Cheers

I've just kegged an American (NZ) wheat with all Motueka flowers - and it tastes and smells of the Hoppy Heffe. Gonna guess it's the main hop....

Cheers
I would bet on it.

I love hoppy heffe. Motueka hops are great in a wheat.

Yep, going down far to well for a beer kegged less than an hour ago... ;)

Somehow during my mad brewing frenzy of a weekend ago, I forgot the BrewBrite in this batch... Not a problem thankfully :) I did end up with 154L for the weekend though, so can't complain :)

Hey Browndog,
What OG and FG did you get with this grain bill? And what volume did you end up with also.
I am hoping to have a crack at this this weekend.
Cheers
Jerry

Back