Lpg Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_dazza27

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got my hands on a LPG regulator the same as below and was hoping to be able to use it for my 4 ring burner. However i'm having a bit of trouble finding a hose with the right fittings to hook it up. It seems to be a 3/8' BSP Left hand thread on the regulator and would need a standard 1/4' female fitting at the burner end.
Just wondering if anyone is using a similar regulator and if so, what do you use to hook it up.
Part No.301525DescriptionRegulator Cigweld Comet 500 LPG
- Outlet 400kpa
- Flow 340l/min
- Steady, precise pressure & flow control
- Gauges comply to Australian Standard AS1389
- Inlet complies to Australian Standard AS2473

I've got the same reg, however I made my hose up at work. They are primarily designed for welding purposes and I used fittings you get from a welding supplier, so I assume you should be able to get complete hoses from a welding parts supplier.
Cheers

Great stuff. I tried a few camping/bbq places. Will call into Gasweld tomorrow.

How does it go? I take it you have to run it fairly low?

I haven't had a chance to brew with it yet, but I did give a test run just on my turkey burner. Had it up to about 200kpa and the flame was jumping out. I was quite impressed with the reg and the burner, can't wait to get a chance to actually brew with it.

Awesome!

Thanks for your help mate :icon_cheers:

So if you're using a welding reg instead of a "high pressure reg" what kind of pressure should you generally be using?

Cheers,

Clint

Well the reg has an output of 450kPa and i think a medium pressure reg is 207kPa so probably run mostly on the lower half.

Back