LPG Gas Filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Komodo said:
I note it doesnt say to open the vent valve so it'll never fill properly?
They have a built in return line, otherwise you would have to open a vent valve on an LPG car.

Camo6 said:
I had a neighbouring farmer who had a dummy lpg filler on his xf ute and would lay his home lpg bottle in the back and fill her up. He'd been doing it for years and used it to run a gas heater for the house and never had a problem. Just had to be sure the bottle was empty and fill it 80%. Then again he wasn't afraid to grab a tiger snake by its tail and reckoned sump oil would cure anything.
I can handle 20 bucks for a refill on a safety tested bottle every few weeks.
My mate old man used to fit lpg systems to cars. He had the same setup, and still uses it today. Fills all his home lpg from the pump. Just hides the bottles from site and fills them while he fills the car tank. Mind you it is illegal in Australia.

And http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/van-blast-victim-so-kind-hearted/story-fn7x8me2-1226219559868

Rather silly when you think about it. Car gas bottle is just a bigger bbq bottle which is a smaller domestic house bottle . They fill them all from the same truck.

Thanks for the link. I have been after one of these for a while.

Latest posts

Back