Looking to challenge myself - Budweiser Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason78

Reaction score
I have been brewing 'Can' beers for a while and while I enjoy drinking them I have now begun to get bored with it so I have set myself a little challenge.

A couple of my mates like to drink Budweiser, while I usually steer clear of this myself I have now developed a liking to it.

Is there any recipe's that anyone can recommend that comes close to Bud.

Thanks.

andytork said:
The biggest challenge would be drinking the stuff

I agree but was hoping to spice it up a bit, having read the link above I see that I can up the ABV a little, does anyone else have any other twerks to this beer that will improve it.

Not looking at making it bitter just a nice refreshing beer with a HG maybe.

I agree but was hoping to spice it up a bit, having read the link above I see that I can up the ABV a little, does anyone else have any other twerks to this beer that will improve it.

Probably not the verb you were looking for...

Want a real challenge?

Convert them to drinking Ales!

Pale Ales, Dark Ales, IPA's, Stouts......... :icon_drool2:

If you like more interesting beers but want a bridging point, why not try a pilsner or even a kolsch and save the lagering. Should have enough interest to keep you happy but meet them halfway.

andytork said:
The biggest challenge would be drinking the stuff
@ andytork
I disagree with this throwaway statement. No-one goes to more extreme levels of expense and fastidiousness in brewing a bland lager than AB.

To brew an exact clone is extremely hard. To brew a bland beer that is roughly in the ballpark is relatively easy. Close enough though, is still a fail if you aim to clone Bud.

Drinking it is easy, it is just not exciting. But it vies for the title of the most reliably brewed and packed beer on the planet.

@ OP
Seeing as you state you use cans, I would use a large ratio of dex or other simple sugar in the recipe and a very low bitterness can (coopers cerveza unless there is another). They use six row barley for the large proportion of enzymes and rice for bulk carbohydrate to get a clean load of maltose. I would be using a clean lager yeast at the lowest temp you can achieve, unless it is below 10 degrees.

One technique which might work is actually brewing high grav and diluting with store bought soda water before bottling. This is also key to the clean, crisp flavour.

@ andytork
I brew and drink mostly IPAs, but I try to never disparage a quality product, and Budweiser is one. Cheap and nasty is one thing, bland is another, and it is not easy.

Now that your reel has finished screaming, I will spit out the bait.

ED1: mixed messages between intended recipients
ED2: disclaimer: I don't like AB as a company, I think they are evil

So I'm guessing Bud is not a popular beer on here then, my apologies I did not mean to insult anyone!

Its only insulting to bring Bud to someones house mate, talking about others drinking it is not an offence.. OK maybe admitting that you have developed a liking for it and want to brew one is a minor infraction...

:)

presumably you would like an extract recipe?

>HERE<

or

>HERE<

The Goggle should reveal something further if you have a trawl..

Yob said:
Its only insulting to bring Bud to someones house mate, talking about others drinking it is not an offence.. OK maybe admitting that you have developed a liking for it and want to brew one is a minor infraction...

:)

presumably you would like an extract recipe?

>HERE<

or

>HERE<

The Goggle should reveal something further if you have a trawl..
Thank mate,

After speaking to one of my mates last night I found out the reason he drinks this beer is because he has Celiacs (I never knew this!) so it was not by choice that he drinks it, he know that there are other beers that he can drink that do not contain gluten but out of all of them he seems to be ablt to tolertate Bud.

And just to clarify for others I have tasted many other very popular commercial beers that taste a lot worse than Bud!

Lol, thats because VB and the like actully have a horrible flavour instead of no flavour at all... :lol:

All in good fun, on a serious note its good your stepping up from K&K.

Back