• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Looking to buy grain mill - Sydney area

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twfromdk

Reaction score
Hi fellow Brewers

Looking for a good grain mill as I will be starting to buy 25kg sacks instead of buying small amounts at the brew shops. Anyone has got a GOOD one for sale?

Depends on how much money you want to spend

The MashMaster ones now ( with the fluted rollers ) would be the first choice, unless you can get one made.

You can go Barley crushers, Maga mills etc, but my advice would be to spend the $$$ on something decent that will last for years

Yeah, given the benefit of hindsight, I'd have spent extra on my grain mill and gone for the Mashmaster or something similar. I've got a maltmuncher but something about it tells me it won't be around forever. Still, for the time being it works.

You will also need something like this to take all the fun out of winding the mill by hand ( you can mill by hand crank, but you will get sick of it pretty quick :) )

https://www.motiondynamics.com.au/home-brewer-special-worm-drive-motor-dc-speed-controller.html These guys designed this motor drive especially for brewers

http://www.mashmaster.com.au/c/170017/1/grain-mills.html This is the mill designed for homebrewers

You will be looking at ~$450 for a complete setup, but it will last a lifetime ( and some ) and is really the only way to go, unless you can find a 2nd hand one

I have a Monstermill 2 roller mill with metal hopper that I will be selling with a bunch of other items next week. I'm not very clued up as to what and what isn't a GOOD mill, but this thing has served me well for the last year. I bought it used off an AHB member a little over a year ago I think. I'm in Mascot. PM me if you want any details.

Just trying again to see if someone has a second hand one for sale ?? Sydney area

Latest posts

Back