• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Looking for Hop Plants/Heads

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Helen

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I'm not totally into brewing beer from hops, but am interested in using the hops in flower arrangements/bridal bouquets. I have planted 2 rhizomes in the hope of having enough for a May 2018 wedding, but am wanting to find a backup source in case mine are not successful. I'm located on the Mid North Coast. Not needing a huge amount. Any help is appreciated. Cheers!!

earle

Choc wheat fiend
Reaction score
Not sure how you'll go. If not already flowering, hops will flower in the next month or so, then the bines will die off leaving the rhizomes dormant until next spring. Might need to bring the wedding forward.

Helen

Reaction score
Not sure how you'll go. If not already flowering, hops will flower in the next month or so, then the bines will die off leaving the rhizomes dormant until next spring. Might need to bring the wedding forward.
Not my wedding so I can't change the date. I was going to dry the hops to use. My bines are only about 50cm high - I planted in August. So I don't think I'll have any useable hops this year.

MitchD

Reaction score
What variety are you growing? It's not too late so I'd up the water to a good bucket full every day.

ein stein

Reaction score
You can buy plastic decorative hops off ebay, if you want to head down that path...

Judanero

Yeast maketh the beer.
Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I'm not totally into brewing beer from hops, but am interested in using the hops in flower arrangements/bridal bouquets. I have planted 2 rhizomes in the hope of having enough for a May 2018 wedding, but am wanting to find a backup source in case mine are not successful. I'm located on the Mid North Coast. Not needing a huge amount. Any help is appreciated. Cheers!!
Hey mate , shoot me a pm closer to the date and I'll let you know- my Hersbrucker seems to produce pretty steadily up until winter. Located at Newcastle.

Latest posts