Lock Up You Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use pumpkin seeds too... works well.. mice love them
press them onto the prongs at the right angle and they wont budge.
i must killed at least 30 with the same pumpkin seed.

We had a plague of the bastards last year..
they came in through the roof and chewed through the gyprock walls to get in.. :angry:
Havent seen any lately just heaps of snakes... :(

Sqyre...

Macadamia nut or bread with a few drops of Macadamia oil on it for rats and mice, works around here every time. ;)

cost me $100 from rspca....a Cat.

:blink: $100 bucks for a cat! Thats a bit rich. My wifes cat discovered a mouse nest in our old compost bin (where the grain went). She mustve though she was in heaven. Years ago we had a mouse invasion and yep peanut butter is the go Pumpy - go the crunchy nut peanut butter though. They seem to prefer that over the smooth.
Cheers
Steve

Maybe I should get a carpet python for the Beerbelly Grain Room? :lol:
I'll know he's got big when customers start going missing......:D

I've got one of those long slithery traps
A slithery trap, you say? An ex-wife? <_<

I have possums in my roof/storage area under the house, and was very upset about them lurking among my brew-gear and other stuff.
Since I found that rats are no longer hanging around, I'm getting used to the possums. Occasionally they make a bit of noise, when they're making possum-babies, but they're mostly well-controlled and no rats! :D

Les :p

Monty looks after my grain,no mice there

Batz

I have a snake also, it appears and disappears, to where I don't know [ i have 3 large sheds] and the mice can't get to the grain, but I still caught a mouse in one shed yesterday.

Caught some

mouse.jpg

mouse2.jpg

Hahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhaha! :lol:

Thats pure gold!!

Laughed my arse off over that one

This is quite a good site has the Glue board to which the mouse gets stuck too.

And the trap that will not kill the mouse !

http://www.horsesuppliesdirect.com.au/category229_1.htm

Pumpy

Ps Old Bugman I used the Smooth peanut butter should I have used crunchy ?

We may jest at this ,but people with grain ,will always attract mice .

pumpy :)

ratglueboards.jpg

ketchallmousetrap.jpg

Monty looks after my grain,no mice there

Batz

I've got pic's of Monty, he likes to come into Batz bar to warm up occasionally
DSCF5587.JPG
How he walks on his ribs along the courses of a brick wall is really something. If he'd fallen Patch would have shit in his pants. Monty looks like he hasn't eaten in a while, Batz gets rid of him by taking him miles away (well metres), snakes are handy to have around.

You Sunny Coast guys got lot's of toads at present? they've come out here in the last few days, just come in from toad patrol with the detol spray bottle.

Thats Gold. I guess u got to take what u can get.
Sounds to me like the little bastards like your malt pretty good Pummy, so why not stick a few grains of your finest in the trap, maybe a little Carraroma, or Munich II

Steve

44 gal drum here.

Havent met a mouse that can chew thru steel yet!!...and if it can; He can have all the grain he wants, cause I aint going near it!!

My preference is to put an impenetrable barrier between the rodent and the grain.

All my grain is in plastic tubs.

They have HUGE plastic tubs that would hold probably 50kg of grain from the local cheapie shop for about $20.

Oh, and the grain stays in its bags with a good tight piece of twine to stop any moths or weevils from getting in.

+1

Works very well for me too

You Sunny Coast guys got lot's of toads at present? they've come out here in the last few days, just come in from toad patrol with the detol spray bottle.

dettol is no fun. i dont even think it works that great. my weapon of choice for toad hunting is a 8 foot tomato stake. pointy end for quickly finishing them (point between the eyes, smack down on the top, crack), long to practice the golf swing or baseball swing, long to catch the buggers as they try to get away. that and a bottle of zippo fluid makes for a fun night of hunting

XD go queensland!!!

Back