Live Australian Export Cattle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it's Halal, just that Indonesians are primitive medieval retards, as posted elsewhere. In fact there is really no such thing as an Indonesian as such, they are just a mosaic of cobbled together tribes and ethnic groups who were abandoned by the Dutch Empire and who appear to be racing each other to the bottom. Correct Halal butchering dictates that the animal should be killed swiftly without it ever seeing the knife. I regularly buy meat from the Halal butcher in Fortitude Valley (good prices as well) for that reason.
Funniest thing I've read in a while bribie

There is no need for Australia to export live animals for slaughter anyway. In NZ, animals are killed by Halal slaughtermen that are flown in specifically for this task by the country that is purchasing the meat. No live exports for slaughter.

Not sure why they can't do that here?
At least there would be more control over the treatment of the animals.

It may be that they do not have the refrigeration capacity that we take for granted. I have heard this, but not reliably confirmed as yet.

Yeah that was a pretty self righteous comment PW. Cruelty to any animals should not happen full stop. If that was happening to any cow from any part of the world, yes its unacceptable.
Its a nutcase country that doesnt have the standards that western countries have, simply until that happens they shouldnt receive our live exports. Too much Aussie government money involved to ban it altogether thou.

I had a Aussie meat pie at the footy today and ROBH is right on the money!

Cows are being mistreated in Australia, likely in that meat pie you just ate!

Does it matter at what level? Cruelty can't be a grey area.

The very act of transporting them for long distances crammed in a truck with no food or water is "cruel" in my mind.

it's doubtful it was beef in a pie, more likely to be camels arseholes and pigs lips i would imagine.

The very act of transporting them for long distances crammed in a truck with no food or water is "cruel" in my mind.

nah,pie's are all bull's ball's and cow's c.... ........cheers.....spog... :eek:
it's doubtful it was beef in a pie, more likely to be camels arseholes and pigs lips i would imagine.

Well....... it wasnt all a waste the four corners doco. Thy Government has stepped in, AND somehow believe that animal cruelty is not part n parcel of the Australian way anymore.
Well done to our Government for not ignoring it!

unedited, I could not give a rats ass to how many jobs this may affect. The Packer clan come Howard/Liberal government should have been on to it years ago.

Show us mate. They are being mistreated in Australian abbotoirs nor are they without food or water for the crossing. Our crossing vessels are world standard and nothing short. Indonesia accepts our cows at <350kg. Then they go to feedlots which are resorts for 12-18 months (Australian Owned) then once they are fattened we then sell them to the butchers of Indonesia with no regard to how they are slaughtered.
For me, Australia is far beyond what Indonesia will ever be. Today I am proud that we said enough is enough.

I wonder if the government will act in a similar manner if Four Corners run a story about the treatment of asylum seekers in Malaysia. Would a public outcry see the suspension of the potential deal to send people to Malaysia? Although, I'm not naive enough to think there would be the same level of compassion shown by most media outlets and a significant proportion of the Australian population regarding this particular issue.

I'm not naive enough to think there would be the same level of compassion shown by most media outlets and a significant proportion of the Australian population regarding this particular issue.
Way to ruin my reply. Pretty thoughtless of you.

I wonder if the government will act in a similar manner if Four Corners run a story about the treatment of asylum seekers in Malaysia. Would a public outcry see the suspension of the potential deal to send people to Malaysia? Although, I'm not naive enough to think there would be the same level of compassion shown by most media outlets and a significant proportion of the Australian population regarding this particular issue.

Illegal bovine immigrants :lol:

7a20d009-7eff-4b96-9c03-8896e8acae2e.gif

Latest posts

Back