Live Australian Export Cattle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because they're different situations?

Totally different, the Indonesian slaughterhouses are like some way out medievial thing that may have took place many moons ago. It does not happen in Australian slaughterhouses, let them do that tortureous stuff to their own cows. Unfortunantly it seems we have as a country too much money invested edit in that filthy shithole country.

Packers? Screw them and Ida Buttrose too.

spruiking about it here won't change anything will it ?

the meat would be as tough as old boots after what thougs cows went through why cant we kill it hear to thear belefes and ship it over dead

... It does not happen in Australian slaughterhouses, let them do that tortureous stuff to their own cows...

:huh:

So it's cool to be cruel to an animal, just as long as it's not an Australian animal?

:unsure:

Totally different, the Indonesian slaughterhouses are like some way out medievial thing that may have took place many moons ago. It does not happen in Australian slaughterhouses, let them do that tortureous stuff to their own cows. Unfortunantly it seems we have as a country too much money invested edit in that filthy shithole country.

Packers? Screw them and Ida Buttrose too.

I'm sorry but in which way is it "totally different" ?

So you're happy to accept the fact that the bolt method is not 100% effective?

Animals suffer in your very backyard and have done so for years yet you seem ok with that.

Double standards. If you're so passionate about this issue, don't eat meat - end of story.

the meat would be as tough as old boots after what thougs cows went through why cant we kill it hear to thear belefes and ship it over dead

Lack of refrigeration in a (third world ?) country might be one impracticality of it.

I'm sorry but in which way is it "totally different" ?

So you're happy to accept the fact that the bolt method is not 100% effective?

Animals suffer in your very backyard and have done so for years yet you seem ok with that.

Double standards. If you're so passionate about this issue, don't eat meat - end of story.

We take due care and use effective methods to ensure that the beast is not traumatised.

They are reckelss and frequently cruel, causing high levels of trauma in the beast.

THAT'S HOW IT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

Fair dinkim mate, having the desire to see animals treated humanely and wanting to continue to eat meat are not two mutualy exclusive activities!

We take due care and use effective methods to ensure that the beast is not traumatised.

They are reckelss and frequently cruel, causing high levels of trauma in the beast.

THAT'S HOW IT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

Fair dinkim mate, having the desire to see animals treated humanely and wanting to continue to eat meat are not two mutualy exclusive activities!

I don't doubt that cattle in Australia suffer less than what you might have seen on footage from Indonesia.

But if you believe they do not suffer at all during their short life then you are mistaken. Due care and effective methods only lessen the cruelty and hence my point remains.

Due care and effective methods only lessen the cruelty and hence my point remains.
Let's look at this from another perspective: do you think I could kill my own food without causing any distress to the animal? Nah, probably not. Maybe sometimes, but not all the time. Do I believe that animals that eat other animals kill their food with sensitivity? Not on your life. Those animals (prey) live in constant fear. This is, of course, the natural order of things and isn't really relevant at all except to say that, for much of their lives, well treated livestock won't know this fear. Yeah, the slaughter yards might not be very nice but on average they'd be dispatched more swiftly than I'd manage.

Everything in life is about determining the level of risk you're willing to accept. I'm willing to accept that the methods by which my food is produced may not be perfect but fall within tolerable humane standards. You may choose to accept the fact that over half of your clothing might be made by people who earn less in a year than you do in a week. We all make decisions - hopefully some of us think about them before we open our ******* traps and judge people.

Let's look at this from another perspective: do you think I could kill my own food without causing any distress to the animal? Nah, probably not. Maybe sometimes, but not all the time.

maybe sometimes but not all the time ?

ninja or sniper, which one are you bum ?

Ninper.

Sninja.

The name doesn't matter because you won't even know it was me.

:ph34r:

Oh man, he's gone all tactical homophobic. Shit just got real.

i merely implied you would have day-glo shurikens for easy retrieval after use, it is you who mentioned the H bomb Mr Bum (i see the irony in your nik now)

Oh man, now he's doing it while he claims to not be doing it. Check out Yards getting unglued on a motherfucker.

Abandon all self-awareness all ye who enter here.

Veganism ... kill two birds with one stone (animal cruelty and carbon emissions).

Eat whatever you like and feel no guilt.

If the planet went vegan, it would exclude large areas of land which are currently range lands and cannot support arable farming, so would reduce the supply of food.
However I would support animal farming that didn't involve cutting down the Amazon to grow soya to feed the feedlot cattle. And for meat to come from traditional pasture animals, which according to latest data don't fart as much as previously thought.

Are you for real?

Yeah that was a pretty self righteous comment PW. Cruelty to any animals should not happen full stop. If that was happening to any cow from any part of the world, yes its unacceptable.
Its a nutcase country that doesnt have the standards that western countries have, simply until that happens they shouldnt receive our live exports. Too much Aussie government money involved to ban it altogether thou.

I had a Aussie meat pie at the footy today and ROBH is right on the money!

spruiking about it here won't change anything will it ?

Of course it wont Yardy. Its the off topic forum and I threw it out there, I dont wish to argue that someone i.e Seemax doesnt agree. I never posted for people to agree with me, I dont or wont argue that Seemax has got it all wrong. Its just opinion and matter of fact stuff, not spruiking.

There is no need for Australia to export live animals for slaughter anyway. In NZ, animals are killed by Halal slaughtermen that are flown in specifically for this task by the country that is purchasing the meat. No live exports for slaughter.

Not sure why they can't do that here?
At least there would be more control over the treatment of the animals.

Back