Little Creatures Single Batch Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, on the topic of craft beer in Australia.... yes, excise has a bit to do with it. General public knowledge/preferences have a bit to do with it as well.... but I feel some real momentum being created - a lot of beer lovers are finally getting more vocal and supportive (remember, people have to buy this stuff!) - all this means that slowly we can branch out, be more brave, and push the limits a bit. And you know, we have been at this for 10 years so far, and the foundations were laid probably 25 years ago, so it seems changing the Australian market involves some dedication... and all of the people like us can do it....

Cheers, and thanks for the support.

Alex

Hey Herbstoffe, thanks for the list. This is exactly what I was after. Look like Ill have to go out to Era or nectar later on and try and pick up carton of pints.

At Alex T thanks for the reply mate I did go on a bit of a mathematical rant earlier there are a heap of varied reasons why the craft brewing industry hasnt been allowed to take off on OZ excise being just one of them.

Good to see you guys leading the way in changing perceptions out there about beer and craft brewing. I see you guys as the leaders in Australia on this front keep up the good work. I look forward to trying out the balanced IPA. Hope to get over your way shortly for a look around.
Cheers,
Argon

It's tasty. I tried it before they started filtering the yeast out. :party:

General public knowledge/preferences have a bit to do with it as well.... but I feel some real momentum being created - a lot of beer lovers are finally getting more vocal and supportive (remember, people have to buy this stuff!) - all this means that slowly we can branch out, be more brave, and push the limits a bit. And you know, we have been at this for 10 years so far, and the foundations were laid probably 25 years ago, so it seems changing the Australian market involves some dedication... and all of the people like us can do it....

I too am really feeling this momentum as well. I think it is great that I am alive at this point in time when micros are really kicking in. The link doesn't list any SA stockists? Is there going to be any sold in SA (other than at the wheaty?) Would love to pick up a carton of the stuff.

Cheers
Phil

Little Creatures Single Batch IPA on tap at The Wheaty
4pm Thursday 1st April

The first in what Creatures are planning to be a series of limited release, single batch beers which they will bottle and keg, their India Pale Ale (5.4% ABV) is a celebration of a hop that theyve been in love with for a while now...Cascade!
In the words of Creatures Brewer Alex Troncoso:
This beer is about hops - we recently got our fresh shipment of 09 Cascade hops and decided it was time to give them a proper test. At the brewery we used hops just about everywhere - kettle, whirlpool, hopback and even dry-hopped in the fermenter. The result is a "hop-sack" nose as we call it - there is so much Cascade it almost doesn't smell like Cascade... is that possible? One person has commented "orange marmalade" - hops are a wonderful thing! There is a nice malt backbone helped out with use of pale, Munich, light and dark crystal malt. The result - a beer with a very full, almost silky mouthfeel and a smooth big bitterness that grows and grows (55 IBUs). .. Due to popular demand, this ones stronger, hoppier and more bitter than Stimulus.
Little Creatures single hop, Single Batch IPA on tap and in Pint Bottle from 4pm Thursday 1st April
Only a handful of kegs and cartons on for as long as they last!

its been a good 14 hours since i tried it and i cant stop thinking about it.

That good?? I'll definitly get this on tap at the wheaty then! :chug:

That good? i dunno but i still want more. Jai was saying that apparently on tap it kills the pint bottles, heaps more hops....i can only imagine.

Ok ... Ouch my bum's a bit sore now... And the back is a little stiff from being bent over a barrell, but got a 12 pack of this from Nectar $100!!!

They've got a single order of 6 cartons, arrived as I walked I the door. 2 cartons gone already. So imagine everywhere would be the same and be limited to 6 cartons.

Anyone interested I'll bring a bottle to BABBS tonight

they were $7 a pint bottle last night from purvis for memory.

Ok ... Ouch my bum's a bit sore now... And the back is a little stiff from being bent over a barrell, but got a 12 pack of this from Nectar $100!!!

They've got a single order of 6 cartons, arrived as I walked I the door. 2 cartons gone already. So imagine everywhere would be the same and be limited to 6 cartons.

Anyone interested I'll bring a bottle to BABBS tonight

The dirty bastards

they were $7 a pint bottle last night from purvis for memory.

So $84 a carton, not to mention someone paid $100. Yet someone else paid $49 from LC. I don't think that the price differential could be put down to excise. I've just put my name down at two stores in Perth (Liquor Barons Mt Lawley and DeVine) on the strength of the $49 or there abouts for 12 report. I'll let everyone know what I have to pay. Can anyone confirm the $49 price?

I just spoke to Cameron at the IBS in Perth. He expects they'll sell it for around $65 a carton. He said that LC were selling it at the brewery for about $60. Not sure where the $49 in a previous post came from?

its $49 at the brewery,
You bought one?
Anyway if that is the case that's bloody marvelous, just over $4 a pint bottle. I presume that LC have a margin of there own which would mean that the IBS (and it's probably the most reasonable) would be putting on an ... approximately 20% markup on top of whatever margin there is a $49. Mind you the guy at IBS said that they thought they would get it off LC for around the same price that they get the pale ale.

Yeah it was me - $49. In the little shop bar at LC Freo. Maybe they charged the wrong amount, but thats what I paid......Pale ale is also $49 there as Ive bought a few pintzilla cartons in the past.

Yea'p. The lass at the shot I spoke to didn't even think they were selling it anywhere else. I wanted to get some from bullcreek not drive to freo. Pft, oh well looks like i'll have to do something this weekend to get some.

I got a carton last night at Camperdown Cellars, Darlinghurst for $73. Pretty steep but less than $84 and a whole lot less than $100.

I'm yet to sample any bottles from the carton but dropped into the Taphouse last night and had a few pints so I can compare bottled to the tap. Very nice IPA, not completely mindblowing but still pretty tasty. I don't think my carton will last long....

jez

There was plenty at the Story Bridge Hotel bottlo last night... :)

Back