Lion introduces "Tap King" - party keg / growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just ordered my tap king ,looking forward to filling the bottles with my own HB , maybe someone should sell the conversion kits ie driver bit ,replacement screws ,co2 bottle and instructions :beerbang:

Ok guys, we have lift off!!

I grew impatient and tapped one of my re-filled Tap King bottles.

The result of the first pour.......

xjmc.jpg

Pretty happy with the results.

Also thought I post some picture of the CO2 cartridges.

si14.jpg

The right hand cartridge is the Paintball one, left hand is obviously the standard Tap King one. A couple of small differences but not enough to stop it from sealing.

:lol:

at least you know it works.

got any pics of the triangular screws by any chance? I reckon I might have the right tool for it already

Naturally carbed that quick?

As a self declared idiot when it comes to pulling things apart and not getting them back together again, I'm also all for a 'how to' guide for this. Preferably with a few photos and a break down of what you need!

Dismantled one last night. The triangle screws just need a 1.5mm Allen key to unscrew them

Nice.. I went out and got one before checking if they could be re-used.. Glad to see they can..

For anyone with a small metal lathe, this might be an option for the CO2 bulbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucdZB9f4jY

Breaking News: Man blows his own face off in an accident involving a metal lathe and a CO2 cartridge

Yeah so $1 a cartridge doesn't seem like that big a cost....

pyrosx said:
Breaking News: Man blows his own face off in an accident involving a metal lathe and a CO2 cartridge

Yeah so $1 a cartridge doesn't seem like that big a cost....
Fantastic stuff driftdaddy, now I just need to wait for the promised bottles to come to me.

Ten thumbs up mate, spewing I finished building my kegerator two months ago... just need to hide the tap king idea from the mrs so im not forced fo downsize!

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Ten thumbs up mate, spewing I finished building my kegerator two months ago... just need to hide the tap king idea from the mrs so im not forced fo downsize!
I don't understand :huh: you are spewing you built a full keg system because of a mini plastic keg device....riiiiiiiiight

Back