Lion introduces "Tap King" - party keg / growlers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soundawake said:
I sent a tweet to Matt Kirkegaard from Brews News about this, and said I thought it was going to be a flop. He said 'I'll wager you a bottle of Nail Clout Stout you're wrong.' I said if it was still on the market in 18 months I'd eat my hat. He replied, '18 months? That's easy money. I'll even give you odds.'

I just can't see Hahn Super Dry drinkers paying an initial outlay of over 70 bucks for less than one carton of beer.

What say you, AHB?

Totally agree...that is a LOT for less than a carton of less than average beer. Can't see the usual XXXX drinker spending that much

I don't think that Gold drinkers would pony up that much.

$37.99 for a carton of 375mL stubbies (9L) or $34.50 for a twin pack of mini kegs (6.4L)...so some quick calculations...

$4.22 per litre in bottles or $5.39 per litre in mini kegs...at the end of the day you are paying for more a fancy thing in your fridge which will be probably useless in an esky.

I see this lasting a year max, unless they either drop the price or put on some different beers.

Also I should confess that when Matt said, "I'll even give you odds', as I'm not a gambler, I don't know what it actually means.

Anybody?

Could be interesting....
mens-vintage-hats-1.jpg

You think brewers are the only beer drinkers who like ghetto bling?

Yep....the rest don't want ghetto bling, just proper bling, hence why many will pony up the coin for less beer at the same price. Bit ironic that they call it draft beer but it comes out of a bottle

Yep....the rest don't want ghetto bling, just proper bling, hence why many will pony up the coin for less beer at the same price. Bit ironic that they call it draft beer but it comes out of a bottle

I got mine today.. decided on the Golden Ale... rumor has it that the range will be expanded to Heineken and Stella. All BUL for Lion Nathan.

tazman1967 said:
I got mine today.. decided on the Golden Ale... rumor has it that the range will be expanded to Heineken and Stella. All BUL for Lion Nathan.
Both Heineken AND Stella? Hallelujah!

:ph34r:

up front costs always deter alot of punters..won't be rushing out to buy one..considering we can make beer cheaper and better..

tricache said:
$37.99 for a carton of 375mL stubbies (9L) or $34.50 for a twin pack of mini kegs (6.4L)...so some quick calculations...

$4.22 per litre in bottles or $5.39 per litre in mini kegs...at the end of the day you are paying for more a fancy thing in your fridge which will be probably useless in an esky.

I see this lasting a year max, unless they either drop the price or put on some different beers.
You're missing the point and comparing apples to oranges (at least in Lion's marketing mind).
it's about the "OMG I can have draught beer at home and it is better than bottles/cans"

Has anyone got one of these? i read on another site that the dispeneser needs to be hooked up to the bottle in order for the co2 to equalise or the dispenser wont work,

is this true?

ok my knowledge on this product is what i learned at work.
bottle changes look easy but so long as the bottle if cold it should be no problem changing and keep drinking will try to confirm this tomorrow when i use one at work for tastings.

kinda been pulling the dummy display unit apart and looks like a standard co2 cartridge in there but you need special triangular bits to undo the 4 screws holding the whole thing together once again once i empty one ill pull apart the unit and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back