Leftovers Brew - Everythings Going In

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh, just noticed that you didnt end up putting the 2 kits in with the beer. i thought you were doing a super high gravity beer with the 2 1.7kg kits and 3kg of LDME+carapils. i was wondering why there wasnt anyone calling you crazy.

the 1055 sounds right, and the 4.3% should be right but i would have expected more attenuation. maybe the pitched yeast wasnt enough to get off to a running start.
i wouldnt call 1055 a particularly heavy brew. most of my brews end up around that level.
sounds like it should be a pretty good brew.

a fair bit of bittering in there but the high FG should mean some extra sweetness to counter the ibu's (i calculate around 65)

I'd be very surprised if any extract beer that started at 1055 got to 7% abv unless you put dry enzyme or a shit-ton of sugar in it.

1055 is not high OG. It's good that you're experimenting and it is your beer so I hope you enjoy it but there's nothing wrong with learning a few bits of information that's been accumulated over many, many years.

This stuff needn't be so complex. You made leftover beer with leftovers. The results were a bit patchy (flavour, attenuation etc) No real surprise. Not sure about your attribution of runs to the hops - I highly doubt you've just made the most hoppy brew known to man.

Beer does make me fart though.

Like a trooper

I am sure I put the goo in too, 2 cans + 3kg LDME + carapils + goldings + hallertau + sazz. I am sure there was some fractionalisation of the gravity, and there is still a few litres of this unfermented stuff in a sealed jerrycan - thats probably where it went, as I did dilute it a lot before fermentation.

Pretty sure it is extremely hoppy - my pallet is slowly coming around, only just starting to taste like beer rather than orange juice! :huh:

Latest posts

Back