Leaking Kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damian44

Reaction score
Hey peoples. Why would my kegerator be leaking from the tap? Im loosing half a middie a day.

TYVM Damian

Hey peoples. Why would my kegerator be leaking from the tap? Im loosing half a middie a day.

TYVM Damian

Sounds like the taps might need a little attention. Try a clean with PBW and hot water. Gunk can build up and hold the valve open. May even need a rebuild (depending on the type of tap you have).

What type of taps do you have? My Dorado ones always leaked a bit, well I still use one of them but it's geting to the point of needing a new one

Thanks Chappo. I thought it might be something like that. Thinking back, i think i lost half a keg. God only knows where it went.

TYVM Damian

See if you can post up a pick of the taps then people can advise ways to repair. It's not sealing properly so I'd say it's gunked up (does it feel sticky when you use it?) or maybe a damaged seal. Stripping them down and giving a good clean is really the only solution.

most kegerators use the cheap Dorado style,pull them apart and give them a good clean,in the main body there are 2 small holes bout 1mm near the spout hard to see but make sure their clean,you can also adjust the pressure on the "o"ring by screwing the slotted brass half round nut in a bit [1/4 turn]if they still drip replace the rubber seal

Thanks guys. Im gunna run some PBW through the lines, i hope that does the trick. Ill post some picks of the tap when i get my camera back.

TYVM Damian

Latest posts

Back