Leaking Hatches On Corny

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munut

Reaction score
G'day,

New to kegging, let my home brewing go to the way side cause to much hassel cleaning bottles and have now got myself a Kegorator and 3 cornys.

When I'm filling my kegs or cleaning them 2 out of the 3 leak out of the hatch but get a seal once there is gas pressure pushing them up. Is this normal?

There's two guys at work also pretty new to kegging and they say they don't have this problem.

Once connected up I brushed around the hatches and all connections with a water and dish washing liguid mix and I am confident that my system has no leakes.

Thanks

Yeah it's normal, they won't seal until there is pressure on the seals.

Yeah it's normal, they won't seal until there is pressure on the seals.

Cheers thanks I won't strees cause I can see how they work and thought that myself. But the guys at work were saying they snap there's shut and they don't leak a drop so I thought I would ask.

Munut,

The handle on the lid is basically there to stop the lid falling inside the keg.
To get a good seal you should you should hold the lid in place by lifting on the open handle, apply gas, & then clip shut.

cheers Ross

Troydo showed me how this worked a different way for the same explanation:

Undo lever - then point to lid and say 'viola'! Magic!

Punch lid with hand. C02 escapes - but as Ross said, the handle stops the lid from falling in.

Curse the mosquitoes that are attracted by the C02.

Stand in awe at the awesomeness of Cornys. And Chuck Norris. :D

InCider.

To get a good seal you should you should hold the lid in place by lifting on the open handle, apply gas, & then clip shut.

Such a great site AHB, you learn something new everyday, and I have never contemplated this method of sealing a keg until reading Ross' post.

Beers!

Latest posts

Back