Leaking brand new beer disconnects

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddh

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Happy new year to you all.
Just wondering if anyone has some advice on leaking beer disconnects. I was setting up my new fridge today with 4 tap font, purchased 4 brand new beer disconnects and 2 of them are leaking. I thought it might be the orings on the kegs so have swapped with kegs from my old fridge that aren't leaking and they still leak. I pulled them apart, compared them with the 2 that are leaking and can not work out what the problem is. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers
Todd

No markings on them but the shop did say they were good quality. Maybe not?
I have been trying to find a shop open this week but they all appear to be shut until next week or later

Are they plastic? I found the plastic ones really poopy, and I had to take all the stress out of the lines for them to seal on some kegs. Currently changing over to stainless ones from Barleyman with each order, they have fixed my issues right up.

toddh said:
No markings on them but the shop did say they were good quality. Maybe not?
I have been trying to find a shop open this week but they all appear to be shut until next week or later
Difficult for the larger stores to keep trading when all the suppliers are shut down and there's no freight services running.

Get the German made CMB ones if you can get them. Very rare to get a failure.

Thanks everyone,
Found a supplier open in Qld who is posting some today and will have Monday. Fingers crossed all will be ok

TheBigD said:
+1 CMB never had a problem with them
Funny I've never had a problem with them either until last week - the female adaptor seems to be leaking where it screws into the quick disconnect. I had the keg up to about 400kpa to force carb so might have damaged something perhaps? Not sure. Anyway it's the first failure in about 5 years of kegging so not bad.

Latest posts

Back