Lcpa Imitation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as the temperature is kept down below 22ish, autolysis won't happen for months.

skamp84, InCider - how is the LCPA clone going? Which one did you end up going for? I am having trouble keeping my hands of it its that tasty altho the JSGA style ale is a pretty damn close second, especially if you love amarillo. Finding it hard to drink beer that isnt full of hoppy flavour/aroma, guess thats why we brew our own!

Finding it hard to drink beer that isnt full of hoppy flavour/aroma, guess thats why we brew our own!

Damn Right! As Weizguy would say "Testify"
rock.gif

This is the LCPA clone i am drinking atm. Its close but i would never say its spot on cos dont want to bear the wraith of the AGers.... :D

1 tin Morgans Stockmans Draught
1.5 kg of Coopers Pale Malt Extract (Liquid)
15g of Cascade pellets - 15min
10g Cluster pellets - 15 min
US56 Yeast.
12g of Chinook Pellets (dry hopped).

Its tasty, hoppy and i am finding it hard to type as i dream about the 2 bottles of it sitting in the fridge waiting for me to knock off work....

I rack so the chinook pellets spent a week swimming in secondary. I kept it at 22degC with the wet towel method (also sitting in a tray of water) cos i dont have a fridge for brewing either but i will in 4 weeks time!

Credit goes to Boonie from homebrewandbeer.com, its not my recipe but i think he would approve of me sharing it.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Dr, Im going to go with your recipe, I really like the look of it. I do like the look of that JSGA recipe floating round ATM too. But this one is next, for sure.

Ive had a Tooheys draught kit that I needed to use first so thats in at the monent. When that gets bottled ill get this one going. Ill let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

skamp84, InCider - how is the LCPA clone going? Which one did you end up going for? I am having trouble keeping my hands of it its that tasty altho the JSGA style ale is a pretty damn close second, especially if you love amarillo. Finding it hard to drink beer that isnt full of hoppy flavour/aroma, guess thats why we brew our own!

Dr,

I have not been able to go and buy up the ingredients yet, but will be most likely during the week. (got a big Brewerhood get together this week. Will post results when I have it.

Braufrau,

I would leave the hop leaves in - but I use pellets so usually get no real crud on the top. :)

Cheers,

InCider.

Latest posts

Back