Laws Regarding The Sale Of "off" Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we've all had some beers on tap where we are convinced that its just not quite right, however never had a bad slab yet.

i was enjoying a few drinks with Pumpy at the brewery in Picton - When we tasted the lager, it was undrikable, it had completely turned.
I politely told the landlord that I thought it was off & requested something else. He got quite upset, telling me they had been serving it all day without a single complaint & it was me, not the beer.
I said "Well please take a taste first, & if you feel it's ok i'll respect your opinion, but seriously mate, it's undrinkable"
Anyway, as he took the glasses back, grumbling under his breath, I saw him sneak a small taste - next minute he was back, full of apologies, with replacement drinks. He then joined us, giving us a history of the place & he was most entertaining...

Makes you wonder sometimes, what people will happily drink, under the assumption that it's ok....

cheers Ross

Funny gear some people act like you've just called their mother a very nasty name when you bag there product.

I was served an out of date beer (Chinese beer, can't remember the name) @ Hayman Island.

I had a couple of mouthfuls and commented on the date and it was promptly replaced with a new beer.

Apparantly they were happy to replace it coz the blokes in the kitchen get the beer.

The bad thing was that, even though they were the same brand (just different used by dates), the out of date beer tasted better! I'll never complain again :p

Back