Launceston Food And Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieJosh

Reaction score
Gday!

Im down in York Town Tassie staying with the girlfriends mum, on a Little holiday for about a week. went for a drive around today to a rasberry place, had lunch and some local beer there, then went to a cherry place, a cheese place,...(got some of the local beer here to take home) and a chocolate place....

On Friday we will be going in to Launceston to go on the James Boag Tour (YAY BEER STUFF!) :)
Are there any Tassie people here that can recomend a really good pub in or around Launceston or York Town That we can go to for a bite to eat and a few good brews!?

Cheers!

p.s Love this place!....Have not seen anyone with two heads yet!.....Just wish the rain would stop for a little bit! ;)

The Cock and Bull in Launceston is a pretty good British Pub, The Northern Club is a nice resteraunt with 30 or so beers to choose from.

Not really much else decent to choose from, most places just mainstream tassie beers, ie Boags and Cascade.

Thanks for your reply mate! Ill keep them in mind over the next few days i am here!

Today we were going to go for lunch at the Mud Bar cause Beer and Brewer mag said it was alright....What a crappy little yuppy place this was with there $11 BEERS! For a sec i thought i was in Sydneys Darling Harbour!
We ended up going to a nother place the mag recomened, Blue cafe and Restrant, This was good with wood oven pizza and creme Brule! YUM YUM!
Also visited Beaconsfield gold mine (5 mins away from were we are staying), Greens beach to look out over Bass strait, Cataract Gorge......This was just AMAZING! and we dug for crabs on our private beach in york town! Tomorrow we are off to do the JB Tour...Living the dream!!! :)
Back to Adelaide and work next week... :(

Back