Latest Byo Mag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
What a surprise when I flicked to page 50 of the latest BYO mag for a Lautering method show down to see BIAB getting the same headline as traditional methods of lautering sucha s fly sparge and batch sparge, big ups to the pioneers on this site for all the work they have done to turn this method into a popular and accepted method of brewing. Shame Rob's Brewmate didn't get a mention in the brewing software article.

cheers

Browndog

Chris Colby and James Spencer.

Finishes with "Chris and James are diligently trying to think up an experiment in which the experimental variable might make a difference. Stay tuned".

Edit: The conclusion of the article is "The clear - albeit boring - take home message seems to be none of the lautering methods produce markedly inferior beers."

I seem to recall that James Spencer was getting equally crappy extraction efficiency, regardless of sparging method.

I think we've managed an at least partial conversion of James to BIAB, he seems to like it.

I can always tell when my BYO is going to arrive - it pisses down rain and ruins the mag.

Need a bigger mailbox....

edit: 200th post... YAY!

Latest posts

Back