Labelling kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just use regular masking tape. Cheap, easy, and once they're in the kegerator and on their respective taps I don't really need labels anyway, so it doesn't matter if they fall off in there or whatever although it hasn't happened yet, even with condensation they stay put.

My girlfriend also shuns the bland, boring swill like that, but she loves American pale ales, and enjoys the Bo Pils as well which is awesome because I do as well so I brew quite a few of both styles.

14249910_10210877942013165_1060592461925885828_o.jpg

I scored myself a Dymo Labelwriter and print one for every batch, per fermenter. Initially it only has a PFV date (primary fermentation vessel) and as the brew progresses, I update the label. When kegging I simply move the label from the fermenter to the keg. I don't peel the entire backing off the label - just the top part. Works a treat and lets me keep track of dates etc during both fermentation and kegging.
20161024_122738.jpg

Danscraftbeer said:
Painting masking tape is made to be easy to peal off. The coloured stuff. I use it on many things. The white stuff can be a pain in the arse to get off especially if left for some time. Or you can make it a tag looped through the handle is what I do for serving kegs, tap ID etc.

Practicality is all that matters sometimes.
I do a lot of work with composites using flash breaker tape, AKA high temperature masking tape; guaranteed to come off easily and leave no residue. A loop of it sealing a piece of white card is a good way to label anything.

BTW I also use a layer of it under the paper labels for bottled beers, enabling them to be removed no muss no fuss.

Like many others, masking tape looped through the keg handle. Often transferred from the fermentor.

Always got a carton of some sort around at the time, so just tear a bit off, and cable tie the piece of cardboard to the keg handle. Does the job. When the cable ties i was "given" from my previous employer when they made me redundant run out ill probably just use masking tape

Mine is simple

Number kegs:
IMAG0204_1.jpg

And a list of what in it on the fridge:
IMAG0203_1.jpg

This way I can see at a glance how my stocks are going, how many kegs I have full, empty and clean.

I also do it for my cubes:
IMAG0206_1.jpg

Not as pretty as the etched tags, but I think, more practical.

mtb said:
I scored myself a Dymo Labelwriter and print one for every batch, per fermenter. Initially it only has a PFV date (primary fermentation vessel) and as the brew progresses, I update the label. When kegging I simply move the label from the fermenter to the keg. I don't peel the entire backing off the label - just the top part. Works a treat and lets me keep track of dates etc during both fermentation and kegging.
20161024_122738.jpg
I've got a dymo labeller also makes short work of bottles.

Latest posts

Back