Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Kveik Dry Yeast

Discussion in 'Yeast' started by wide eyed and legless, 10/2/20.

1. wide eyed and legless

Pro Pro

2. mongey

Posted 10/2/20
    interesting. I bottled my first Kviek yesterday using yeast bay sigmond voss . 1052 to 1006 in 3 days at 34 degrees. finished lower than I expected but I did mash low .was going to be a saison but the hops I bought were mislabeled AA% so didn't trust them . changed to a APA as I had some mosaic on hand

floc'd like a beast . didn't bother cold crashing and yeast was a compact layer on bottom of fermenter like I have never seen before

hard to say how it tastes as all the samples I tried were 34 degrees . not optimal beer temp for detecting flavors. figure it will be carbed after 2 days in the bottle to try

kept a couple yeast samples to mess around with . thinking of trying it in a american brown next and then getting back to the saison

Draft saved Draft deleted