Krome Dispense

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busman

Reaction score
Krome dispense, anyone here deal with these guys ?

I noticed an attractive 4 tap font on a NZ HB shop website and that it was from Krome Dispense, so went there to have a look at their large range, they do make a lot of stuff. So I selected Australia region, price came up as $445 so purchased, wasn’t till I got to PP that I found was USD. Would of thought that Aussie region would have been in AUD. Paid anyway as I liked the font, which had glycol lines and 4 flow control taps. Font is available in left or right hand so I sent them an email asking where I specify LH or RH, they came back with a comment that their website was being changed and correct prices would be displayed within 12 hours. There has been no change to their website so far as pricing goes, original object (3” elbow economy font) is still listed at $445, but I did receive a quote saying its price was now in excess of $600 USD ! And they wanted another $470 USD in freight. Requested refund to PP so I could buy the NZ one, gets lots of apologies but no money. About to lodge a complaint with PP. This is a dodgy company with practices like this and I for one will not be having anything to do with any of their brew gear. Sent them this doc with 12 hours to comment, no reply. Think I might have done my dough.

Are you in Oz or NZ? If NZ why didn't you just purchase from the original shop you saw the merch at? Have you asked them about their experience with this mob?

I am in Oz. I looked at their site as they have a BIG variety of fonts, the NZ guy seemed to only carry the one. Found one that suited me as it was not centred like most, that is why purchased there.

Might be a better plan to build your own, lots of parts available for that kind of thing and advice.

Would have bought the one from NZ but they don't ship to Australia ? Don't have time at the mo to make one with wine vintage going on, will start picking in a couple of days.

Sadly no trips to Aus planned at the moment otherwise I'd suitcase it for you. I normally come back with a case load of goodies from the 2 main aus suppliers as they are normally a lot cheaper. I looked yesterday nukataps here are about 43 aus dollars each and kegland 25 each. Luckily have just bought 3 brand new on trademe for 33 dollars each which seemed reasonable.

Thanks Duncbrewer, it seems both main Kegs here have some Krome parts but at much better prices that they tried to sell me. That font in NZ is less than $400, I assume NZD, not hugely different than here at the moment. Would buy it as it would solve my immediate problem, if I could get it here.
(Dont suppose you would buy it and post to me if I send you the money first ?)
Heard from Krome overnight, they will refund me when the PP money is in their account, trouble is it have been there since 14 th ! We will see.
To go from 445 USD to 630 USD for same thing is crazy and then 470 USD for freight ? I know freight has gone up but I question that amount.
Anyway stay tuned for next sage.
Chardonnay grapes are perfect for picking, pickers organised, just looked at forecast and they are saying big storm on picking day. Not happy chappy !

@busman

The post here even express courier is appalling at the moment. Would cost you an arm and a leg as well so your roaming and picking the vines would be over.

Some examples of post for me of late
Postcard six weeks waiting in Auckland before getting on plane to Italy and another fortnight from there.
Moonpig card from australia 6 weeks.
Express courier of parcel to italy posted 3112 2021 six days to auckland, 2 and half weeks in auckland and then 2 weeks from there to italy.

US post is crazy though.

Time to consider a beer wine hybrid for your next brewday.

Hvae persauded the NZ seller to post it to me in Queensland. Krome has said they will refund but keep coming up with excuses, bullshit, bullshit. Need to beware when dealing with these guys.

That's a bonus provided you get the money back from the other people. How's all that rain for you and the grape harvest? Did you get it done before the monsoon I've seen on the TV?

Yeah I think they will come good eventually, if not PP probably will. We are in Stanthorpe in the great dividing range so only got about 50 mill. Last Thursday had some people here to pick and it looked threataning so picked all but one variety, they aere 97 % ready, better to have 97% of something than nothing. Finished tn\he pic, I give pickers gourmet bchampagne breakfast (instead of pay) and as we sat down the rain started, so pretty happy about that.

Back