Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Converting a 2 tap font to a 3 tap font

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by jollster101, 11/2/19.

1. jollster101

Posted 11/2/19
    Hi all

I have a 2 tap font that came as part of my kegerator series 4 that I bought a while back. So far I have been using the kegs but with pluto guns rather than the taps that came with the kegerator. Now though I want to change that and have the taps running out the top of the fridge.

I have 3 kegs that I use for dispensing and so would like to have 3 taps running but only have a 2 tap font. Looking at the dimensions for the 2 tap and 3 tap fonts they are identical. Based on that I take it that it would be possible to basically drill a 3rd hole in the font and away I go.

Has anybody done this by chance?

2. smertin

Parts Manager
    Posted 11/2/19
    Ive just assembled a 3 tap kegerator for a mate and it just looked like they had drilled an extra hole a little lower and in the centre of the 2 that would be on yours. It was a little difficult to screw the back nut for the tap on the lower centre tap but was doable (we had to use a screwdriver and hammer and knock the nut tighter). Shouldnt be a problem drilling a hole in the font just make sure you have clearance for tap handles at the front and pipes at the back and make sure all holes you make are sealed up as you may struggle to get down to the temperature you require/wasting energy to get there.

jollster101 likes this.
  3. Fro-Daddy

Draftsperson
    Posted 11/2/19
    Make sure there is enough room under the new tap for your biggest beer glass.
    I bought a new taller font because I wouldn't have had enough space.

jollster101 and smertin like this.
  4. lost at sea

Posted 11/2/19
    jollster101 likes this.
  5. jollster101

Posted 12/2/19
    Thanks for the replies everyone, will have a crack at it.