Converting a 2 tap font to a 3 tap font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollster101

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a 2 tap font that came as part of my kegerator series 4 that I bought a while back. So far I have been using the kegs but with pluto guns rather than the taps that came with the kegerator. Now though I want to change that and have the taps running out the top of the fridge.

I have 3 kegs that I use for dispensing and so would like to have 3 taps running but only have a 2 tap font. Looking at the dimensions for the 2 tap and 3 tap fonts they are identical. Based on that I take it that it would be possible to basically drill a 3rd hole in the font and away I go.

Has anybody done this by chance?

Hi all

I have a 2 tap font that came as part of my kegerator series 4 that I bought a while back. So far I have been using the kegs but with pluto guns rather than the taps that came with the kegerator. Now though I want to change that and have the taps running out the top of the fridge.

I have 3 kegs that I use for dispensing and so would like to have 3 taps running but only have a 2 tap font. Looking at the dimensions for the 2 tap and 3 tap fonts they are identical. Based on that I take it that it would be possible to basically drill a 3rd hole in the font and away I go.

Has anybody done this by chance?
Ive just assembled a 3 tap kegerator for a mate and it just looked like they had drilled an extra hole a little lower and in the centre of the 2 that would be on yours. It was a little difficult to screw the back nut for the tap on the lower centre tap but was doable (we had to use a screwdriver and hammer and knock the nut tighter). Shouldnt be a problem drilling a hole in the font just make sure you have clearance for tap handles at the front and pipes at the back and make sure all holes you make are sealed up as you may struggle to get down to the temperature you require/wasting energy to get there.

Back