Knappstein Lager Extract Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hassles

Reaction score
G'day

I am considering having a go at making the Knappstein Lager extract kit and wish to know if anybody else here has done so and seek there opinions on the viability of this kit, how it turned out and any suggested enhancements they / you may have.

Thanks

I just Googled Knappstein Lager kit and I'd have to say that, personally, I would not even entertain the thought of spending nearly $60 on a kit brew. I hesitate to use the term rip off, but using a base kit or extract, some Nelson Sauvin Hops etc etc you could probably assemble something equivalent for a third of the price. I assume we are talking about the same "kit".

I just Googled Knappstein Lager kit and I'd have to say that, personally, I would not even entertain the thought of spending nearly $60 on a kit brew. I hesitate to use the term rip off, but using a base kit or extract, some Nelson Sauvin Hops etc etc you could probably assemble something equivalent for a third of the price. I assume we are talking about the same "kit".

I agree.

At the least get a kit like canadian blone, cerveza etc and do some hop work with Nelson Sauvin with S-189 yeast and you should be not far off!

I recon the Coopers Euro Lager can and even the kit yeast in that will give good results but a true lager yeast will be better.

better to buy one of ross' fresh wort kits,

Back