King of the Blues' blues legend B.B. King dead at age 89

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DU99

Reaction score
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Blues legend B.B. King has died in Las Vegas at age 89, his lawyer says.
Attorney Brent Bryson tells The Associated Press that King died peacefully in his sleep at 9:40 p.m. PDT Thursday at his home in Las Vegas.
The one-time farmhand brought new fans to the blues and influenced a generation of musicians with his heartfelt vocals and soaring guitar on songs such as "The Thrill Is Gone."
King sold millions of records worldwide and was inducted into the Blues Foundation Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
King played a Gibson guitar that he affectionately called Lucille and was not only the undisputed king of the blues but a mentor to scores of guitarists including Eric Clapton.
He was awarded his 15th Grammy in 2009 in the traditional blues album category for "One Kind Favor."

:icon_cheers: R.I.P

Vale Blues Boy. Truly one of the greats of which there are few remaining. Sensational vocals and guitar virtuosity. He inspired many and will be fondly remembered.

Sad news. I love me a bit of the blues. Looks like the BB King box set will be coming out this weekend (must to the disgust of the rest of the family who are not blues fans).

Ill put my BB King Blurays on my HD projector tonight after the footy when every ones in bed, I'll probably stay up to 3am sipping some 25year old scotch and just remember and enjoy the legend.

First thing I heard when I walked through the door tonight. The big man had a pretty good run and went out easy, so good for him.
My favourite version of this was on the When we were kings soundtrack, but this one aint half bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i6BdmIiilo

Damn, I'm 40 and I've been a fan since I was 16 and my mate Jim introduced me. My brewery is in an industrial estate so I wandered down to the panel beaters 2 doors down (Friday is roving piss-up day and today he was hosting) and took over his sound sytem this arvo and played some of the King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-pTpTMuQbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5JCq47R_E8

I normally don't give a sh1t when old musos die, I don't know the kuntz, but this one got me reminiscing.

Live in Cook County Jail one of my favourite albums.

Was the old man's and was blown away when I heard it.

RIP

RIP BB. Wonderful musician. Hey must be brilliant to die in your sleep hope I can go the same way after a few beers the night before.

Alas, he won't be resting in peace any time soon...

BB King may have been poisoned, daughters allege

Two BB KIng heirs who have been most outspoken about the blues legend’s care in his final days are accusing King’s two closest aides of poisoning him.

Las Vegas police homicide detectives are investigating, Lieutenant Ray Steiber said on Monday. He declined to provide details.

Daughters Karen Williams and Patty King allege that family members were prevented from visiting while King’s business manager, LaVerne Toney, and his personal assistant, Myron Johnson, hastened their father’s death.

“I believe my father was poisoned and that he was administered foreign substances,” Patty King and Williams said in identically worded sections of affidavits provided to the Associated Press by their lawyer, Larissa Drohobyczer.
“I believe my father was murdered,” they say.

Toney and Johnson each declined to comment.

“They’ve been making allegations all along. What’s new?” said Toney, who worked for King for 39 years and had power-of-attorney over his affairs.

Toney is named in King’s will as executor of an estate that according to court documents filed by lawyers for some of King’s heirs could total tens of millions of dollars. Johnson was at BB King’s bedside when he died on 14 May, in hospice care at home in Las Vegas at the age of 89. No family members were present.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/may/25/bb-king-may-have-been-poisoned-daughters-allege

Latest posts

Back