kerr non alcoholic thread.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zorsoc_cosdog said:
Man, Page 10 in a speed read.

Stick that flag elsewhere. That Bum is a Kunt - and I'm sure he'd enjoy being ravaged as such. Snarling hovering over the discourse with **** all content to contribute (small sample acknowledged)

Geeze, Manticle sure seems........ different. Alive, engaged..
Bum had much technical merit and posted solidly, he also ripped the shit out of crappy posting. I miss his input

ivEDRX3.gif

The old AHB dog ain't what she used to be - don't bother trying to post folks as we're all DOOMED I tell thee.

LAGERFRENZY said:
The old AHB dog ain't what she used to be - don't bother trying to post folks as we're all DOOMED I tell thee.
:) Yep

Change is constant and essential for any successful organisation.

For all the antiquated, outdated and desperately regretful...... consider finding yourselves a bowls club somewhere.

Edit: And there is clearly some Bum residue still around AHB......

I've got no idea what this thread is about, I'm still reading it though.

Just in case anyone's vaguely interested in the topic's title, I've just completed my first decent batch of kombucha (at least it seemed that way going into the bottles) after a few failed attempts. Tastes similar to proper cider - tart, sour, with complex earthy tones so it may become a regular addition to the brewing schedule. Next batch I'll experiment with some fruit / spice additions on bottling.

Kind of regret some previous comments on the stuff.

For 2.5 litres it's:
0.5L of hot water (this batch it was at 90C) in a heat proof container
Add 2-3 teabags or 1 tablespoon loose leaf good quality black tea
Steep for 5 to 10 minutes then strain the liquor off the tea / tea bags into a 3L wide necked glass jar
Add 1/2 cup sugar and stir until completely dissolved
Add cold water to bring volume to about 2.5L - water temp should be around 35C or less. If it's over 35C, let it cool til it's under

Add your SCOBY and 100ml to 200ml kombucha from a prior batch (if you dont have one, they can be bought online for around $25; just make sure you get a fresh one rather than dehydrated, and it should come in a sealed pouch with some kombucha to kick start your own)

Cover loosely (I use cling film) and let it do its thing for however long it takes. Keeping it at around 20C to 25C is ideal, and it should finish transforming sweet tea to kombucha in 10 days or so. You can add a little sugar at bottling if you want it fizzy

Thanks Blind Dog for both for the recipe and restoring the thread back to topic.

I miss beer already i found that i can not let it just past. if it just means i can make kombucha and still be involved in beer thread but as a non alcoholic drinks site would mean the world to me. kombucha here i come. i will just have to look it up again for what it's worth.

and i will have to find some friend to give the beer to.or give it to family members.i could just keep the beer for as long as i can then give it to some one say in 2 years.it would be like nothing else by then.

the first to last batch of my beer was only one month old so far.the instruction said that i can keep it as long as i liked it just get's even better the longer it goes for.even if some one said they will have some to help out i might not still give it to them until some time as i think it has been fermented in the bottles long enough.could be like 5 years and i still have it all in the cupboard maybe by then i could of found some change in the type of tablets or i could even start drinking again for some reason i do not think would happen still.

10 years and i still have the same bottles of beer as the day i started.i think that was why i picked home brew because it just sites there getting better as it goes.

now some thing to drink like the kombucha while the beer goes off probably rely off but i had fun making it for some one else.100 year old beer then pass them down the the kids to store in their home to like generation to generation they were past down until some one opened one.

like what sort of carbon dating can beer hold.200 years then!

Beer definitely has a "best by date"

Apart from RIS or barleywine I don't know of many that benefit from "years" of age

Dave70 said:
I'd like to plant a flag here. Some classic salvos of snark, disdain and sarcasm launched from the keyboard of Bum.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/75032-i-want-to-get-elected/

In fact, manticle was the star of that thread. Such a firebrand back in 2013..
I like that the OP requested a thread lock on page 2 due to where he saw the thread headed.......17 pages later :lol:

And kerr....stick with it man, answers and purpose eventually come if willing to hang in there and keep looking.

kerrplease said:
now some thing to drink like the kombucha while the beer goes off probably rely off but i had fun making it for some one else.100 year old beer then pass them down the the kids to store in their home to like generation to generation they were past down until some one opened one.
Go easy on the kombucha champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89cMeaiJlPc

Back